Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just bought one
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:02 pm 

Been lurking here and finally bought. Ex Mitsubishi car with 10,000km on it for under $30k. Could have bought a brand newy for $10k more, but thought it would drop that much in the first few months anyway, as they don't seem to be selling well here in Australia.

Took it for a longish test drive with a full battery before I bought and I got 49km before the engine kicked in, so the battery must be ok ;-).
That was driving in 30c heat, but I opted to just open the windows and turn the aircon off for the test. Now, in general local runs I seem to get between 30 and 40km on the battery and it takes between 8 and 10 kwh to recharge, this is not driving for economy and running the aircon on auto. Happy with that.

Now, last Sunday I had to go across town and I decided to run in it petrol mode by pressing the save switch. It was an 80km run through moderate city traffic and it returned 8.2l/100km, which I think is quite good. In comparison, the i30 diesel wagon I traded, would have done similar, probably between 7 and 8 under the same conditions. So very happy. Have not tried a freeway run, but that will come soon. Expect and hope it would drop to between 6 and 7. Won't be able to compete with the i30 1000km+ range though.......