Help. Android 'phone users App non connection problems.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnut

Well as I threatened, I took car and Sony android 'Phone to Poole Mitsubishi and Grant, the Sales Manager had a go (for some time) at connecting 'phone APP to car.
Of course I am a dinosaur because I don't have a i-phone. But he simply could NOT get it to connect. It kept coming up with the 'can't connect' page and would not acknowledge the 'OK' button when pressed.
Any bright bods out there have any good ideas how to overcome the problem?
I have the pre-heat set up manually and I really DON'T need to turn my lights on and off remotely. But it would be nice to have it working.
Thanks in advance for somebody's (anybody's) help

I'm happy to help, but you haven't provided enough info.

What stage in the connection process did you get to?

Thanks for your reply Andy.
I could not get it to work and so the local Dealership Sales Manager said he could do it in 5 minutes. After 30 minutes he gave up.
As far as I am aware, he got the car to 'ping' ready for connection. he put in the code and password and clicked ok. immediately the 'can't connect because......' came up and could not be got rid of.
At one stage her managed to click ok and the slider bar showing state of connection lit up but did not move the revolving circle just kept going and after 5 minutes with no advancing blue line he gave up.
That's all I can tell you apart from the 'phone is a Sony Experia c1905 running Android 4.3. Built may 9th 2014. Kernel version 3.4.0.
It is really annoying me. I would be MOST grateful if you could help.
Cheers,
G'day Mate!
Colin.

I have a Samsung Note 2, running KitKat, Android v4.4.3. I don't use WiFi on the phone while driving, as I may need to use mobile data for internet access. Since connecting to my PHEV a year ago, the only issue I have is with the voice recognition. I use the dial and call features only. Bit of a slow process but beats the risk of a fine if touching the phone while driving.

Well Unless one of you guys can help me I'm giving up. I phoned Mitsu customer services and they don't have a techy department that the plebs(customers) can get to. so all he could suggest was uninstall & reinstall the APP .....It still won't work. It gets to the stage of swirly circle and download bar but eventually cuts out as it has not worked in 5 minutes.
I do hope the rest of the Tech is a bit more robust than the App and the Altimeter (see separate thread) shame that such an expensive car has niggly probs.

Well Unless one of you guys can help me I'm giving up. I phoned Mitsu customer services and they don't have a techy department that the plebs(customers) can get to. so all he could suggest was uninstall & reinstall the APP .....It still won't work. It gets to the stage of swirly circle and download bar but eventually cuts out as it has not worked in 5 minutes.
I do hope the rest of the Tech is a bit more robust than the App and the Altimeter (see separate thread) shame that such an expensive car has niggly probs.

OK.

Sounds like something is interfering with the car's communications with the device.

If you haven't done so already, turn off Blutooth on the phone (in case the phone is trying to connect via two methods at once). Similarly, make sure that your phone is not connecting to your home wifi setup while you're trying to connect to the car. The easiest way to do that is to tell the phone to "forget" your home wifi setting. (You will need to re-enter your password again, the next time you do connect to your local wifi.)

Check to make sure that the phone is not in any kind of "energy save" mode, in case the phone is turning off due to inactivity (i.e. not enough touches on the screen). You can also just keep tapping the phone's screen every 30 seconds or so, while the upload is trying to take place.

The method to get the car into the right mode, is not too hard, once you've done it once. You can start the app on your phone in advance, and get it to the point where it shows a screen of text, which explains how to do the following:

The method is as follows.

1. Start with the car turned off.
2. Press the car's on button without touching the brake.
3. IMMEDIATELY start clicking the Lock and Unlock buttons alternately on the key fob.

After the car receives enough clicks in a row, it emits a beep.

Now you can press the button on your app to start the upload.

Let me know how you go.

Andy

I do seem to remember that I did the update to the app and PHEV when away from my home as I had a similar problem. [long time ago now, and I no longer find the app that useful]. The PHEV breaks the wiFi connection in the update process and the phone can reconnect to another preferred network to maintain internet and this prevents the PHEV from completing the update to the car.

I'm wondering if that could have still occurred at the dealership, because they had an open wifi for example.

If not successful this time, the next steps are: (1) shut down all other applications on the phone; (2) attempt to connect with another device.

:cool:

Back