Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip meter set up
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:05 pm 

Hi guys
I've read the manual a few times and related posts on here, Now maybe I'm stupid or something but its just not sinking in. On my previous car I had two sets of trip meter data lets call them setting 1 and setting 2. Both Giving total miles traveled, average speed, distance traveled, and mpg since either was last reset manually.

Setting 1) I left totally untouched to give me all that information for the life of the car since I had owned it as I never reset this From the day i owned it

Setting 2 ) I would reset every time i filled up the tank so I would have all that usage information for the current tank fill up.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing with the My16 outlander as I can see it has 2 settings but both seem to reset and go back to zero every time i switch off the car.
Any help or advice on the above would be much appreciated please as I'm sure its down to me just not understanding how to use this outlander system correctly. :roll:
Hope this all makes sense to you
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Trip meter set up
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 am 

The PHEV has two trip meters - one called Manual and one called Auto. The Manual one shows data since you last reset it, the Auto resets itself automatically after 4 hours.

Therefore, you can't achieve what you want, as you are looking for two versions of the Manual indicator. if you never reset it, it will show you your data since you have had the car, but if you reset it when you fill up, you will lose that 'lifetime' data and will only see data since the time you reset it yourself.

Sorry, but I don't think there is any way to have both a lifetime, and since last fill up, set of data.

Incidentally, you say that both sets of data reset each time you switch off - this is not correct, the manual trip data should continue to accumulate data until you reset it yourself.

The thing i found confusing at first was knowing which set of data you were looking at, as the screen shows 'Manual' in bottom left corner, and 'Auto' in top right (or vice versa). The top right name is what you are currently viewing, and the button bottom left is to switch to the alternative set of data.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 am 

Hi Geoff
Thanks for Clarifying things,
It may not work the way I would of liked it to but I guess I can adapt to that in time. At least now I understand the information on screen relates to whichever name is currently showing in the top right corner either manual or auto that in its self is a big help. Like you say the layout of the screens is a little confusing to say the least.
But then Colin (carnut) did warn me this Mms was not excatly the most intuitive and user friendly :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm 

I may be confused, but mine also seems to have two trip meters controlled from the dashboard (not MMCS) called trip 1 and trip 2.

The display usually shows total mileage (odometer reading) but that display can also be cycled through the two trip readings by pressing the display button on the dash. Re-setting those trip meters is achieved by holding down the display button while the trip mileage is being shown.

1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:20 am 

Correct Andy, but (AFAIK) the two trip meters just record mileage and don't affect the mpg etc displayed on the MMCS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:31 pm 

Ah. Now I see, I missed the MPG part in the original post.

This is what happens when you go from an old school car (mechanical VDO guages) to a futuristic car like the PHEV.

I was very pleased to see the two trip meters, and have never owned a car that would calculate fuel usage...

1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm 

geoffshep69 wrote:
The PHEV has two trip meters - one called Manual and one called Auto. The Manual one shows data since you last reset it, the Auto resets itself automatically after 4 hours.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I’m hoping somebody can help. I have a 2018 PHEV, and I’m trying to figure out how to view the Manual trip meter so that I can see the average mpg since I last reset it. But, for the life of me, I can’t find it.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:26 pm 

General - pressing the "multi-information display" menu button (about 8-9 o'clock relative to the steering wheel, and below the vent) will cycle through the display between the 'power' gauge and speedo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:18 pm 

it only cycles on the mpg ev % screen once, how do I change it from [1] to [2] or whatever?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 pm 

AndyH wrote:
General - pressing the "multi-information display" menu button (about 8-9 o'clock relative to the steering wheel, and below the vent) will cycle through the display between the 'power' gauge and speedo.

Understood, but the mpg and EV drive ratio are set to “Auto Reset Mode”, so they reset every time the car is parked for 4 hours. You can change it to “Manual Reset Mode”, but that’s useless because it just changes back to Auto the next time you start the car. How do you just keep a running total of mpg and EV ratio that doesn’t reset until you reset it?

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver