WIFI Pairing with new Galaxy S7

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crustovich

Have the new Galaxy S7 and am unable to Pair with the WIFI remote App.

Other devices (my old Note 3 and Ipad Air 2) connect without problems. Have deleted these devices from the MMCS as you can only connect 2 devices at a time, so that is not the issue.

Dealer has tried with no luck, explained that Mitsubishi cannot guarantee forward compatibility with new devices :roll: (Tesla is going to wipe the floor with these manufacturers with it's after sale service).

Anyone else have problems with the Galaxy S7?

I'm sure Rolls-Royce have a very good after sales service, too. Sadly, I'm unlikely ever to experience it :(

crustovich said:
Have the new Galaxy S7 and am unable to Pair with the WIFI remote App.

Other devices (my old Note 3 and Ipad Air 2) connect without problems. Have deleted these devices from the MMCS as you can only connect 2 devices at a time, so that is not the issue.

Dealer has tried with no luck, explained that Mitsubishi cannot guarantee forward compatibility with new devices :roll: (Tesla is going to wipe the floor with these manufacturers with it's after sale service).

Anyone else have problems with the Galaxy S7?

Check this post, if it can solve your problems..
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2388

As a previous and long boring mention (from me) I had dreadful problems with my Sony Experia M. (it has now gone t*ts up AGAIN!)
I solved it by disconnecting home wi-fi and connecting the cars wi-fi it then worked fine. (but it won't now for some reason.)
My Samsung tablet has no problems and I don't have to faff about with disconnecting/reconnecting. Both Android of course.
Good luck! It drove me mad!
The App certainly is NOT all it is cracked up to be.

Carnut said:
As a previous and long boring mention (from me) I had dreadful problems with my Sony Experia M. (it has now gone t*ts up AGAIN!)
I solved it by disconnecting home wi-fi and connecting the cars wi-fi it then worked fine. (but it won't now for some reason.)
My Samsung tablet has no problems and I don't have to faff about with disconnecting/reconnecting. Both Android of course.
Good luck! It drove me mad!
The App certainly is NOT all it is cracked up to be.

Have you read the link copied in the post above Colin, it seems to be working for a few people?

JimB

Thanks Jim,
I shall try that. I cannot understand why it suddenly stopped working.
Mind you my Sony Experia is running Jellybean which is a bit ancient now and my Samsung tablet is on Kit-Kat , with which there was far less trouble loading the app.

Back