Service warning messages

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownp16

Morning,
Yesterday as I was driving on a short journey, my 15 plate gx3 displayed a warning on the dash (RBS service), then immediately gave another warning (EV service). It scrolled through 3 or 4 warnings with no loss of power.
It is bank holiday weekend so there won't be a lot I can do now and I hope to sort it next week.
My question is - is it safe to drive to the dealer ? Is it safe to use in the meantime...is it the equivalent of a service light coming on in an older car. Ie, sort it soon, or is it imperative that I sort it immediately?
It also made me think about the summer when I am driving to Spain in the vehicle...I would hate the inconvenience of being let down half way through France. I used the vehicle last year for the journey and it was fine.
Thanks for any help you can give

Not wanting to worry you, it is probably a completely different cause, but the RBS (Regenerative Breaking System) dash warning preceeded the failure of my battery pack.
This required a complete replacement, at Colt Cars.

Brownp16 said:
Morning,
Yesterday as I was driving on a short journey, my 15 plate gx3 displayed a warning on the dash (RBS service), then immediately gave another warning (EV service). It scrolled through 3 or 4 warnings with no loss of power.
It is bank holiday weekend so there won't be a lot I can do now and I hope to sort it next week.
My question is - is it safe to drive to the dealer ? Is it safe to use in the meantime...is it the equivalent of a service light coming on in an older car. Ie, sort it soon, or is it imperative that I sort it immediately?
It also made me think about the summer when I am driving to Spain in the vehicle...I would hate the inconvenience of being let down half way through France. I used the vehicle last year for the journey and it was fine.
Thanks for any help you can give
Don't worry, have the dealer read out the logs. These are amongst the most reliable vehicles on the road, and Mitsubishi maintains a full dealer network on the Continent -probably with better service than some UK dealers, judging by posts on this forum, if I am allowed to sound nasty for once.

I would check the traditional things under the bonnet - oil. water, brake fluid etc - I know that most of us don't, but the user manual does list several weekly checks that the owner is supposed to do and I guess that failure to do those checks could give them some wriggle room in any dispute. But it does sound like it is unhappy about something it's observing in its hybrid systems and nothing you do could impact on them.

Brownp16 said:
Morning,
I've seen my share of these messages. Different combinations of messages simultaneously. Most of them when I allowed the aux battery to drain too far. Any change you have hooked up / activated a 12 v device that caused the voltage to drop for a short moment ...?

the same thing happened to me Yesterday and after stopping for 5 minutes to get my bearings ready to call Mitsi service centre , i tried the car and it all came back as normal and managed to drive home 40 miles with no more warnings or problems . all ok this morning too on drive to work 22 miles.
is this a glitch or something?

Definitely worth checking the Aux Battery. My previous hybrid came up with the most worrying list of error messages and warnings, regarding brakes, ECU, servicing, ABS etc because the Aux Battery was below par, even the AA man who boosted the battery couldn't believe how many messages a simple battery could throw up. It was a nightmare getting a garage to fit the battery at short notice though as they weren't qualified to work on a hybrid.

well , it happened again l;ast week and has been at the dealers ever since , they think it is the electric heater that needs replacing so am waiting to hear today if that has fixed it.

STEVIAN said:
well , it happened again l;ast week and has been at the dealers ever since , they think it is the electric heater that needs replacing so am waiting to hear today if that has fixed it.

My heater is already changed. No problems since...
:)

Model is from Germany, 2017.

Back