Advice on delivery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityblueboy

I've got a GX4 on order as a private purchase. The dealer has told me an estimate for arrival in the UK is 14th July. Allowing a week for delivery to dealer and PDI, fitting of towbar etc, best case scenario would be delivery around the 21st July being very optimistic.
In my case I'm away in Glasgow that week and not back till the 28th. We're then out of the country for 2 and a half weeks in August.
Do I get the car as soon as I can or put it off till September for the new registration? Will the new plate affect residual value that much?
What would you do?

Hi there

Our PHEV arrived in the UK on 4th June I think it was and I've still not got a collection date from the dealer yet - he said it is due to be unloaded at the dock tomorrow! And then I guess it may take a week to get to us. If you are flying abroad you may as well get a Sept plate - you'll only get a couple of weeks extra use out of it otherwise. The main reason we didn't hold off till Sept is we are going on 2 holidays in July and August, both in the new car!

Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
Hi there

Our PHEV arrived in the UK on 4th June I think it was and I've still not got a collection date from the dealer yet - he said it is due to be unloaded at the dock tomorrow! And then I guess it may take a week to get to us. If you are flying abroad you may as well get a Sept plate - you'll only get a couple of weeks extra use out of it otherwise. The main reason we didn't hold off till Sept is we are going on 2 holidays in July and August, both in the new car!

Cheers
H

Thanks, our holiday in August is in the car as well but we've got our trusty shogun to use. I guess I'll wait and see when it actually arrives at the dealer before making my decision. If your experience is anything to go by I may struggle to get it in september :roll:

I ordered a GX4h on 25th May having been told the ship carrying mine was expected in mid June and delivery to me should be a week or two after. Dealer now advises that the ship was delayed in sailing and won't arrive until mid July. So with a week or two on top of that I may not get it until August which is disappointing but I'll just have to be patient.
However I read here of PHEVs arriving in the UK on 4th June and ships unloading on 18th or 19th June. It makes me wonder if my order went astray or something.

Spoke to dealer again. He was apparently unaware that a ship had already docked and PHEVs from other dealers are in the hands of customers.... Is he off the pace, disingenuous or have Mitsubishi favoured some dealerships?
Like Maddogsetc, I wavered over the colour. Initially went for blue which was then available, but slept on it and went for grey. Last three cars have been variants of silver. Fancied a change but nervous about buying a blue without seeing one first.

Ordered mine back in April and it arrived at the dealer this Tuesday (17-Jun). Went in today to sign-off on the paperwork so expecting to do the handover sometime next week. The missus wants it this Sunday which the dealer will try and do but I'm not banking on it.

Mitsubishi Cheltenham (where I'm getting mine from) have had 5 PHEV's delivered now. One is their demonstrator, two are for private owners (me), and two are for fleet customers.

I've seen four PHEV colours in the flesh now: the light blue, black, white, and grey. I prefer the grey which is just as good as its the one I ordered :)

Spoke to Mitsubishi Hereford earlier in the week too. They've got one demonstrator in stock but nothing else coming in the next few weeks. Got the impression they were a bit further behind the curve than Mitsu Cheltenham.

Well I thought I was quick to order but you were certainly an early bird. It does seem that some dealerships, like yours at Cheltenham, have been quicker of the mark than others. TBH I wouldn't have thought a delivery time of 8-10 weeks was unreasonable had I been told that at the outset. It is galling though to be told to expect delivery in about 4 weeks, hear nothing, then inquire and be advised that it will be an extra month. The dealer's claim that the ship had been delayed sailing and ignorance of a ship's docking in June, may well have been what he was told by Mitsubishi, but it sounded a bit dodgy to me and I want to have complete trust in a dealer.
Good luck in collecting yours at the weekend.

:) Mitsubishi Cheltenham have come up with the goods. Collecting mine on Sunday morning. Once I've extricated the missus from behind the wheel I will take some photos....

I ordered mine on May the 1st, and collected it from the dealer yesterday. I could have picked it up last week, but had to postpone it as the car I was part-exchanging needed a replacement windscreen!

I was also told that my car was on a boat destined for Portishead near Bristol, due to dock on June 4th, and was emailed to let me know it would be at the dealership (Cheltenham) on June 17th, all of which was exactly as forecast. I couldn't be happier with the service I received.

Apparently mine was the 1st out of the dealership, and so far so good... Very happy!

Initial observations :-

My Ford Galaxy had far more storage space; every nook and cranny seemed to be a storage area of some description. That said, it did encourage me to cart all sorts of rubbish round with me. Also, I no longer need the TomTom, charger, auxiliary cable to pipe my MP3 player through to the stereo, etc.
It's eerily quiet when driving under electric power only, and it will take me a while to get used to the fact it switches on almost instantly.
Very smooth drive, irons out many of the multitudinous potholes where I live.
It's going to take me a while to get to grips with all the functions of the main console, but I love gadgets, so this is not exactly a chore!

Looking forward to getting the most out of this vehicle...

I hope can all get your cars soon, and I promise not to gloat too much!

After My disappointment at missing an expected June delivery, the dealer - Glyn Hopkins at Colchester - and Mitsubishi have managed to find a car for me which should be heading to the dealer soon after 1st July, so I will have to wait a little less than anticipated.
A sub contractor for British Gas came this morning and fitted up the charge point. I thought it was only going to be a survey so that was a pleasant surprise.

Arrived!! Had call from dealer in Hemel hempstead last Tues to say it will be ready Friday. Finally drove it off forecourt 6.30pm after lots of vat, grant, 0% finance probs. Mine was the first PHEV to leave, they say, so its pioneering for us all.

Spent most of Saturday studying the bible (the Mitsi version that is, which must be as long as the original). Settings through the MMCS (big screen) are not terribly intuitive for an oldun. Done 70 miles or so now -all electric. First impressions are pretty good. very quiet, even with sunroof open. Certainly better soundproofing than the diesel version. Suspension copes better with potholes than the Rav4 (180bhp) just traded in but noticibly slower off the mark.

there's a bit of a learning curve given the newish technology which is great for me as I'm working part time only and about to retire full time so I have time to spare. If you don't, just get in and drive as any other automatic and learn what does as you go.

One add-on I suggest you try to get the dealer to throw-in are the rear sensors. The camera alone is not good enough. When I ordered the car I said this was a deal breaker so they fitted them for free. Very pleased I got them as on my first trip I reversed into a parking space where there was a small post which I did not see on the screen but the sensor picked up.

Someone asked how to stop the wing mirrors folding when you turn off power. Its on p213 of the MMCS book but of little help. So, press the Settings button (just below screen) and scroll down to Others. Its listed under Auto Fold Mirrors.

Bgas / Polar were very good with the survey and installation of the 16a lead. Tethered makes it easy.

Hi WattCar,

And congratulations - You're only up the road, so maybe I'll see you out and about - I'm all eyes for PHEV's now!!

Interesting about the rear parking sensors - I forgot to add that to my order, so I've contacted my dealer to see if they can add it to my order :)

Out of interest, when you add the camera do you loose both front and rear parking sensors - or is it just the rear ones?

Cheers,

Richard.

Did you go for any other options?
Detachable tow bar, DVD's in the headrests and protection pack. Personally I would give the latter a miss, although the rubber boot mat is decent and mudguards probably worth having. The door and boot trims look a bit shite if I'm honest :lol:

Hi rjs104

Thanks for the welcome.

Other than the rear sensors (a must have imo) I added front and rear door cill protectors. I agree with maddogsetc description - shite! Not worth having even for free. I'm awaiting rear bumper protector for c£80 -but not optimistic. Still, fairly minor details. Didn't go for mudflaps as, of course, Hertfordshire has no mud and I've always thought they create drag.

rjs104 said:
Hi WattCar,

And congratulations - You're only up the road, so maybe I'll see you out and about - I'm all eyes for PHEV's now!!

Interesting about the rear parking sensors - I forgot to add that to my order, so I've contacted my dealer to see if they can add it to my order :)

Out of interest, when you add the camera do you loose both front and rear parking sensors - or is it just the rear ones?

Cheers,

Richard.
You don't want the front ones. They are useless. Any aftermarket kit is far better! But the rear view camera is brilliant. I really am quite amazed that anybody could miss seeing anything with the system except maybe stuff hanging from the roof. I have a full image from the edge of the number plate to infinity. The overlay is quite accurate.

So I take it everyone is happy with the OEM Rear Sensors in operation though (as compared to the front ones)?

How about a photo of those cill protectors - see how bad they are. I've ordered the Protection Pack, but am now wondering if I should swap for rear sensors.

I've asked what my dealer can do for the rear sensors, so perhaps he'll take pity and throw them in - but I doubt it!

R.

Hi Rjs104, the brochure states that the GX4h has rear parking sensors!
5 seats - HID headlamps - Electric sunroof - Powered tailgate - Reversing camera - Chrome beltline mouldings - Black leather seats - Heated front seats - SD car satellite navigation with HD 7" touch screen - DAB radio - Remote charge/heating control via smartphone app - Electric heater - 18" alloy wheels - ABS with EBD - Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) - Mitsubishi Active Stability & Traction Control (M-ASTC) - Hill start assist (HSA) - Adjustable speed limiter - Black roof rails - Privacy glass - Automatic lights - Daytime Running Lights - Front fog lamps - Rear parking sensors - Electric heated and folding door mirrors - Electric windows - Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioner - Cruise control - Central Door Locking with Remote Keyless Entry - Leather steering wheel and gearshift knob - SD car satellite navigation with HD 7" touch screen - Bluetooth hands-free phone kit - Dual front/side/curtain and driver's knee SRS airbags - Rapid Charge Connection - USB Socket - Tilt & telescopic steering column - Rain sensor controlled windscreen wipers

Hi Ythanbank,

So it does - and the same for the GX4hs (which is what I'm getting).

I've contacted my dealer to find out what is going on. When I test drove the hs I was told that the rear sensors had been removed when the camera had been added, and when I did a test reversing with the camera there were no associate beeps.

But if their paperwork says they should come with the car, then thats the way it should be!

Thanks for the heads up :)

I'll report back what my dealer says.

Cheers,

Richard.

Back