Possible to Change Odometer/Range etc from Miles to Km?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blobert

Hi Guys, I've imported a GX3 2015 (pre facelift) PHEV from the UK (uses miles) to Ireland (uses km) so it's all set up in miles in terms of range, odometer, trip computer etc

Just wondering if it's possible to change this to Km, I'd assume it should be (have managed to do so with previous Nissan Leaf etc) but can't find any option to do so in settings.

Weirdly there does seem to be one to change fuel consumption from mpg to l/100km though not a more general miles to km

Hopefully there is and I'm just missing it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

blobert said:
Hi Guys, I've imported a GX3 2015 (pre facelift) PHEV from the UK (uses miles) to Ireland (uses km) so it's all set up in miles in terms of range, odometer, trip computer etc

Just wondering if it's possible to change this to Km, I'd assume it should be (have managed to do so with previous Nissan Leaf etc) but can't find any option to do so in settings.

Weirdly there does seem to be one to change fuel consumption from mpg to l/100km though not a more general miles to km

Hopefully there is and I'm just missing it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Yes it's doable via the button that toggles the main dashboard display. One of the options is 'settings'.

anko said:
SolarBoy said:
One of the options is 'settings'.
But only when ..... handbrake is engaged? Or .... At least not while driving.

Only on a Tuesday which falls on an even day, but not in a month that has more less than two vowels, between 10am and 10.30am in the timezone 1,000 miles to your left whilst ensuring on the flat and level with all the tyres inflated to the correct PSI for the load and journey you will do in 3 months time with a small fridge in the boot.

Serious answer, section 6-16 of my 2016 handbook, looks complicated as it takes you off to loads of other pages to press bits and bobs.

Hope that helps the OP :)

anko said:
SolarBoy said:
Serious answer, section 6-16 of my 2016 handbook, looks complicated as it takes you off to loads of other pages to press bits and bobs.

Hope that helps the OP :)
He does not have your 2016 handbook, does he? :lol:

I got back from dropping my eldest two sprogs off at their club this evening and decided to have a play.

From stopped, engine off, press the start button twice (don't press the brake) press the button that changes the main dash display till it gets to Settings. Hold the button down to go into settings. Press once to toggle to the next item, press and hold to change the setting.

I thought to try the 'alternative' indicator sound. It goes from tick-tick-tick to a game of 1970's Pong. Try it. It's awful :shock:

Thanks very much for the replies guys

I've tried that menu but it's not showing any option as described, though I can change the indicator noise!

Here's the options showing:

menu1.jpg

menu2.jpg

menu3.jpg

Have tried them all, nothing seems to change miles to km on odometer

According to the manual, 'AVG Unit' is the one you need.

Also the manual says, "The display units for the average fuel consumption and the driving range is switched, but the units for the indicating needle (speedometer), the odometer and the tripmeter will remain unchanged.".

SolarBoy said:
According to the manual, 'AVG Unit' is the one you need.

Also the manual says, "The display units for the average fuel consumption and the driving range is switched, but the units for the indicating needle (speedometer), the odometer and the tripmeter will remain unchanged.".

Thanks again!

That sounds like it's not an option so. Changing from MPG to l/100km does not seem to affect the other settings, everything is still in miles.

Seems very surprising there is not a general swap from miles to km, I could do this on a 1999 Yaris I imported 15 years ago, and this is a significantly fancier car than that!

I thought to try the 'alternative' indicator sound. It goes from tick-tick-tick to a game of 1970's Pong. Try it. It's awful :shock:
My dealer had changed the sound when they programmed the tire sets (next menu).
I though it was supposed to be that way until someone talked about it on a forum :)

Hi,

I also have just imported a GX4h and cant figure out how to change the overall settings to KM from Miles. Did you ever find a way to do it?

Back