Before the PHEV...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uptodat

Perhaps it would be interesting to discover (no pun intended) what new owners are changing from?

In my case, PHEV will replace a diesel T31 Xtrail Tekna which has served well. (A T30 Xtrail preceded it).

I look forward to comparing my new and old cars.

My PHEV is replacing my 2008 3.2 auto LWB Shogun, currently averaging around 20mpg :eek: I'm hoping that the fuel economy is slightly better. This will be my 3rd mitsubishi, covering over 200,000 miles in total and touch wood, I've never had any problems at all. They are not as bling as BMW/Audi Land Rover etc, but pretty hard wearing in my experience.

Mine is going to be run alongside my Porsche 911. My children are getting a bit too tall for the rear of the Porsche and rather then replace it with something more family friendly, I hope that commuting in the PHEV on battery power will save enough petrol money to cover the lease cost. I will still have the Porsche for longer journeys without children and for weekend fun.

Hi,

I'm replacing a 62 reg Prius plug-in with a GX4h in white.

I'm probably the only person buying the PHEV that may actually see a decrease in overall MPG. Although the PHEV does 30 miles on electric against the Prius' 12 miles I'm expecting about 42mpg from the PHEV against the Prius' 75mpg when running on engine on longer trips.

There will be a handfull of things I'll miss especially the great instrumentation/HUD/fuel computer and the ability for the car to display and respond to texts but these are minor annoyances compared to the huge advantages of the car :)

Can't wait ...

Kind regards,
mark

I'm changing from a 2006 Discovery 3. Love the disco - does so much and can go anywhere, but costs a lot to run, hasn't been the most reliable - and the maintenance is costly.

I'm hoping the PHEV will be a refreshing change. Reliable. Cheap to run. New gadgets to play with. What's not to like :)

Richard.

nice stables maddogs?
wink!

I traded in a Dec 2002 VW 1.4 SE Fsi (to give it its full name!). Was getting high 50s mpg in summer, high 40s winter. Great little car.

BUT LOVING THE NEW ONE! Loads of space, so smooth and quiet - great tech (compared to multifunction computer in Polo!)

On holidays when we can't plug in much, we are also trading down MPG as normally take a 2006 Prius which does around 60+mpg pootling around lanes and perhaps late 40s at fast motorway speed.
H

PS do all PHEV owners have stables and a pair of boxes outside the door??

Mercedes CLS 320 CDI. 3.0 twin turbo diesel. I really love it. It looks awesome and goes like stink. Great on fuel for long journeys. Problem is I don't do long journeys anymore so my average fuel use is something like 25mpg which is good considering my average speed is 20mph.
So basically the car no longer suits my needs and I think the outlander will. I hope so at least cos I do love my merc.

Hi David
At an average speed of 20mph and short journeys, you will have infinite mpg with the phev - enjoy :D We used to have a merc 2 seater some years ago (pre kids!), they are lovely. But am very happy with my new car.
H

Mine was a 10 year old Freelander. Seduced by the prospect of most of my journeys being electric and an increased chance in the short term of a car park space by a charger at new offices. But will still be able to get the family across the country when I need. Full of praise for the chaps in Rugby that turned out my car but there is not another car in my bracket that offers me anything close to the promise of the Outlander for my needs.

VW Passat Estate 1.6TDI Sport... company car as will be my Outlander, I am one of the lucky few who dont so much care about mpg but more about personal tax and BIK!

GX4h on on order in Black, due Sept...

Changing from a E250 estate Merc, shall miss it greatly. But the saving of £370 a month in tax will make me forget quickly. Now looking to get a Ducati 1098 with the savings!!

Chevy Captiva 2.0 LTZ. Swapping my top of the range Captiva for the bottom of the range GX3H. looking forward to fewer fuel stops and not having clutch foot ache on my daily snail commute of 10 miles.
Current fuel spend £200 per month, expexting to reduce to about £30 per month as 95% of my trips are under 20 miles.

Back