Charging port flap/cover

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdjcameras

I am having great issues with the door to the charging ports... firstly it has started to catch on the body of the PHEV. Secondly it will pop open while driving. The second issue seems to be sorted by ensuring that the second curved metal section of the hinge is clipped together properly - it does seem to wiggle loose during bumpy journeys. As for the door catching on the car - it seems the hinge is set too deep into the hole in the side of the car. Has anyone tried adjusting this? There are two bolts inside the charging door which hold the hinge but I am reluctant to loosen anything for tear of it not retightening! My local dealer is a bit of a drive away so if it can be adjusted at home it would be an advantage.

Thanks for any help or ideas

Peter

This happened twice in my first three months of ownership - it is definately a warranty job that your dealer will do.

The second time it happened was only a week or so after the first fix, the hinge fell apart in my hand - I rang my dealer and told them I would be there in in 20 minutes and that they had better be ready because they would have a maximum of 20 minutes to fix the car or provide me with a loan car for a couple of hours so I could keep my work appointment.

They fixed it in 25 minutes and it has been fine ever since (6 months/18,000 miles)

Thanks for the video!

I just got my PHEV today. :) It seems to have the same problem. The spring is missing completely.. Without your video I wouldn't have understood what is wrong, thanks. :)

Heh. I already ordered a new spring from local dealer.. Two weeks delivery time. :(

However, now I found the spring from inside the trunk. Apparently previous owner had stored it when it has fallen out.. Already installed, now works perfectly. :)

I couldn't cancel the part I already ordered, so I will have a spare...

Back