Anyone using Chargevision?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

The online charging cost software from Chargemaster. I've emailed them as no idea how to access it. The BG website says it is included in the deal...
Might be easier to use/more reliable/accessible than Phev data if only/mainly charging at home?
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
The online charging cost software from Chargemaster. I've emailed them as no idea how to access it. The BG website says it is included in the deal...
Might be easier to use/more reliable/accessible than Phev data if only/mainly charging at home?
Cheers
H

Just googled this and got from another EV forum what it is. Surprised chargemaster did not give me access to this as I obtained my charging point directly from them. Please let me know how they respond.

Yes, I've now found something on the Renault Zoe site - apparently they post you a login a couple of weeks after installation... will no doubt have to add chasing it up to the to do list for when we get back from holidays. Will let you know what happens...

PS - I did notice that the Chargemaster site says something about all commercial installations being able to use it, but the BG website says it is included for the free domestic offer.
H

Ok, have finally got access to Chargevision. In the end, I phoned Chargemaster - they needed installation date, serial number of unit, email address etc etc and then they sent me a login next day.

Then when I logged in, there was no data - perhaps you only get data from when you log in - anyway I emailed and got this response:

"It may well be that the information has not been sent through from the unit yet. It may be worth turning the unit off at the fuse board, waiting 10 to 15 minutes then turning it back on. From then, give it another 10 to 15 minutes before you attempt to use the unit and check to see if the information has then been pushed through then."

Haven't tried it yet - will report back when I get the chance.
H

I'm using ChargeVision after getting ChargeMaster to set up the online account. I've only charged my demo car Friday and last night; ChargeVsision had recognised the Friday charge within an hour of it finishing, but last night's charge, which I unplugged this morning, still hasn't yet registered on ChargeVision online..............currently about 8 hours after unplugging.

Update....2 days after unplugging my demo car from its overnight charge, the ChargeVision online account has not recorded the charge. I phoned ChargeMaster; they said (i) they are not liable to provide the information(!), (ii) it's a "one-in-a-million" occurrence that the data has not been transferred (I pointed out that I was extremely unlukcy then to have a one in four rate of failing to transmit data!), and (iii) try again, if it happens again they send someone out to look at the unit....but I'll have to wait 'til November til I get my car!!! :?

Update.....exactly 1 week after unplugging the demo PHEV from my home charging point, the final charge information appeared on my ChargeVision online account. Good that it caught up, but not good that it took so long and that ChargeMaster didn't know why why or seem bothered........ :roll:

I would very much like to have the data from my home charge point - Polar fitted by a sub-contractor for BG.
I rang Chargemaster at Luton, who took my details and promised to email log-in credentials within the hour. They called back to apologise and say that BG hadn't registered the charger and that I would have to take it up with them.
I called BG EV division and quickly got through to someone who said he would sort it until I said my wife organised the install and so the "account" was in her name. This led to the Data Protection brick wall.
My wife subsequently called and got a different person. She said that the data went direct to OLEV and that she knew of no means of accessing it.
I have sent an email enquiry to OLEV and await a reply but no acknowledgement has been received and I am not optimistic.
I would have thought that owners monitoring their charge usage data and mileage, spreading the (hopefully) good news about running costs would further HMG's strategy of increasing the uptake of LEVs. The confusion and ignorance about accessing the Chargevision data is pretty disappointing.
Can anyone suggest any other means of tapping in to the data?

Back