Towing Mirrors - Any recommendations

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wytco0

I have a 2015 PHEV and I am looking for some tow mirrors for when I tow my caravan. The single drivers side mirror (unknown brand) I have at does not seem very secure when fitted, I would prefer a pair of mirrors and I would prefer to buy mirrors known to work well with the PHEV.

If anyone on here who tows a caravan could recommend mirrors I would be very grateful.

Thanks

My recommendation would be to not inflict travel misery on others, sell the caravan and use these wonderful things called hotels instead. :D

:roll:

I used Milenco on my Range Rover Sports when I had my caravans http://www.milenco.com/products/mirrors/milenco-aero-3-mirror

I found them good and others recommended them to me with different vehicles

I use Milenco Aero and they work very well. I mount them 'upsidedown', so at the bottom. Fit well and scratches on the outside of the housing (if any) will be invisible.

I just received the Milenco Aero and had them installed as per instructions and did not find them very sturdy.
So will try tomorrow to install them connected from the bottom.
Can the mirrors still fold that way? (They can when connected from the top.)
Or do you turn the folding off, when you hook up the mirrors?
(not sure there is a difference in mirrors between face-lifts?)

I received some slip over mirrors as a gift from my parents this year and will try them out. I towed last year using the stock mirrors and found them to be adequate. But that said Chevy puts some pretty large mirrors on their truck as standard equipment. None of that really helps you since I am sure you were looking for a field tested opinion. I have read several reviews and it seems to me that most people prefer the slip overs or purchasing the towing mirrors for their vehicle. I cannot see spending a few hundred dollars for towing mirrors especially since the ones I had were working okay. Slip on mirrors are rather inexpensive so we will see regarding effectiveness.

anko said:
I use Milenco Aero and they work very well. I mount them 'upsidedown', so at the bottom. Fit well and scratches on the outside of the housing (if any) will be invisible.

How sturdy did you find them? Can you post a photo of them mounted. I am struggling to get them mounted so they don’t vibrate and wobble loads

Back