Rugged PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMiller

Yesterday evening I drove a couple of friends to a concert. There was a queue of cars dropping off outside and I parked about 1.5m behind a red Merc. Turning to help them with their seat belts, I heard a loud 'CRUMP' from in front. Yes, the Merc driver was completely oblivious to the rather large SUV with its headlights on and had reversed directly into me. To add insult to injury, he (or possibly she) then drove straight off (not quickly enough to prevent me taking the registration number).

I was fully expecting a few bits to have come adrift, but could see nothing amiss in the dark. Fortunately, close inspection in the daylight confirms that there is no visible damage at all. All credit to the '5mph' bumpers!

[No jokes about "that's the way the Mercedes bends", please.]

I feel your pain - parked on the end of a row on Monday in an office facility with yellow chevron zone in front of me. A lady still managed to reverse into the zone and scrape the NS bumper, taking the paint clean off. Her car? You guessed it......

I'm terrified of getting dents in my doors where other careless (usually old people or angry mums in my experience) drivers open their doors in car parks. Windy days are the scariest. Especially as now all cars are much wider than most of the spaces. The PHEV doors really are a vast expanse of vulnerability - about the same impact resistance as a Coke can I'd say. I try to park as far away from everybody else as I can but when I come back there is usually a cluster of cars parked right next to me (please no Citroens with rubber doors!). Is it the PHEV's magnetic attraction?

That's one of my "steam from ears" gripes. In supermarket car parks, no matter that I've parked 100 yards from any other car, when I return there's always someone next to me. Usually within 6 inches of my driver's door! And we're both still 100 yards from anyone else.

Back