Playlist - in particilar playlist file format

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsubuddy

Hi

I have owned my Outlander PHEV for all of two weeks and absolutely love it (apart from the binging-bleeping-bonging nanny state dystopia).

I have more or less read the owner's manual but there's little on the multi media. I would like to create a playlist on an SD and have struggled. I can add and play the tunes easily enough but can't get it to recognise the playlist.

* Files are mp3 and play fine in the Outlander
* Playlist is m3u. I've changed the paths to relative. Imports fine to iTunes, but not recognised by the car
* I'm not bothered about album art etc, I just want to play music from a list in the prescribed order

I've not really used playlists much in any arena so am a bit new to the whole thing so I may need some assistance. I've seen that it appears to accept WPL format, in UTF-8 with relative paths, but iTunes can't export or import in WPL. Ultimately I would like a format recognised by both if that's feasible. If not, another music manager program that is happy importing and exporting in WPL and M3U.

Many thanks for reading

Hey there

I'm in pretty much the same place (in fact I think you're more advanced than I am!) - I'd love to know the right format and specifications for creating playlists on my SD card. Has anyone managed this who can explain the process?

Cheers!

Good news, it can be done! :)

Check the following post:

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2634&hilit=playlist

I've actually automated the process and made myself a script to convert m3u playlists into wpl... Might put that online if it's worth it.

I've had no bother creating playlists and playing them from the sd card, i plug in the sd card into my pc and create the playlist as a new folder and re-name , i then drag each individual song into that folder from i-tunes and just repeat for multi playlists which is then seen by the MMCS no problem , i don't need to change any format or anything , it even shows the album artwork which the ipod does not strangely?

STEVIAN said:
it even shows the album artwork which the ipod does not strangely?
I suspect that's your PC being 'clever' and fetching the artwork as you create your playlist. Gotta love technology :).

Back