Just Ordered!! Front parking sensors question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaknife

Hello

Just ordered mine today, went for the GX3h. Having front parking sensors fitted, has anyone else done this, it's a dealer fit rather than a factory fit and had problems with other car manufacturers when they have done this in the past.

Much more excited about getting this than the BMW's, Audi's etc I have had in the past. Unfortunately I have got to wait until November when the contract is up on my current vehicle.

I normally have them switched off as the factory ones are next to useless. They are angled out too much bleeping when you enter a parking place with cars in the next spots and leave a hole in the midline allowing you to hit a post in the exact centre of the car without warning. Aftermarket ones are far better imo. Have your dealer fit a set of four instead.
What I do like is the reversing camera. Very nice, very precise.

^^ Wot he said!

Someone else on here had 'dolphin' sensors fitted by the dealer - might be worthy of consideration. But in my view the Mitsi ones are not very good.

Front sensors are useless, had them on a BMW earlier. They beep constantly when reversing out of a parking spot and makes you ignore the beeping from the rear ones. Thus risk backing into something.

Actually I found the front (and rear) sensors on the Disco very good, so my problem is not generically with front sensors, just the Mitsubishi ones. As others have found they have 'blind' spots, probably largely due to only having 2 detectors :shock:

I'm also finding it difficult to have confidence in the reversing camera. I really only find it useful for checking the last couple of feet or so. Probably because you have to decide whether to look forward or back - with a (good) set of front and rear sensors that you actually have confidence in you can just look back when reversing even out of a very tight space and rely on the front sensors to warn you when you're getting too close to the car next door.

I suppose that camera is just a matter of getting used to. I will use it in all reversing conditions. (I have my rear window blocked)

most of my customers have paid for the addition of front and rear sensors, even on the GX4h with camera. Please be careful if you have them fitted after delivery!!

Should you have aproblem with them or they cause an electrical issue, your warranty will not cover them. its always best to have them fitted by the dealer as you have some comeback should things go wrong.

they may cost you £100 more but your spending £30k on a car!!!!

I had rear sensors to my GX4h as was not happy camera along would be enough. Sure enough come heavy rain camera was not clear and sensors did the job fine. Tend to rely on sensors more than camera but camera is great for reversing up to hitch when hooking up caravan. By the way the dealer did not fit correctly in my opinion as according to the PHEV accessory manual that came along with the towing manual rear sensors should be deactivated in the event towing module is in use, so had a switch fitted in the boot to manualy override the sensors when we have a caravan on the back.

Back