SatNav - Dynamic Route Guidance

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pheverish

Is the SatNav supposed to automatically re-route/suggest an alternate route when the TMC displays traffic congestion? I can't seem to get mine to work. DRG function is switched on. I traded in a 2007 Prius which used this functionality very successfully.

Hi. Currently in Germany and the satnav works better here than in uk! It did suggest an alternative route when we hit a jam, not sure what settings we had it on, but don't think we've fiddled with it much.
H

I cannot say I am surprised. Mitsubishi uses Navteq maps. So does for instance Jaguar. My late X-type's navigation was quite good on the Continent and sh!t in the UK, so is my Outlander's. In fact it is a bit of a family joke that a British car was unable to find its way around in the UK....

I have asked the dealer how I can get this to work. No response yet. If they can't get it fixed, where do I stand on being sold a vehicle where a stated function does not operate. Don't get me wrong, I think the car is fantastic, but this technology has been around for years, and I've found it very useful, and need to understand why it isn't working on the mitsubishi.

I heard it was rubbish to start with - partly why I settled for the 3. (I also won't have the problems with the smart phone app either and for the 2 days a year when I would have liked the sun roof open will wind down the windows.)

Love the technology but give me a map any day!

pheverish said:
Is the SatNav supposed to automatically re-route/suggest an alternate route when the TMC displays traffic congestion? I can't seem to get mine to work. DRG function is switched on. I traded in a 2007 Prius which used this functionality very successfully.

I can't say for certain as I'm still waiting for delivery. What I can say is I have a 2008 shogun and the sat nav in that auto re routes without a problem, I'm sure a newer by 6 years model must be the same or better.

I must admit that I have heard nothing but bad reviews about the whole interface, from the phone app to the navigation. I'm now glad that when I went to order and was told the 4h would not be available until September I settled for a 3.

It really sounds like they could do with a software update to the whole thing, which i'm sure will happen given the amount of people who are unhappy or struggling with it.

Mitsubishi technical assistance (uk) is on 0906 586 0001. £1 a minute though. They told me that DRG is a passive system and I should take it to the dealer first to be checked out.

My experience of Traffic Master (not on an Outlander) is that their traffic flow data is patchy and not very up to date. The few times that I've allowed a Traffic Master system to reroute me, the alternative route has not been very good and most of the times that I've ignored its advice and carried on along the direct route, it has proved to be clear.

Slarti said:
I heard it was rubbish to start with - partly why I settled for the 3. (I also won't have the problems with the smart phone app either and for the 2 days a year when I would have liked the sun roof open will wind down the windows.)

Love the technology but give me a map any day!
It has its problems but it is not as rubbish as Internet complaints would have us believe. In general it works pretty well.
One aspect gets snowed under: it is much easier to program all the functions of the car if the MMCS is installed.

I actually saw this working this morning. I set a destination in the middle of a closed road and after about 20 seconds it offered an alternative route. So reasonably happy that inherently this functionality works. For reference, the destination was in a section of closed road to the east of Leeds (UK)

Back