UK Recall Notice

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthspace

Received this today

C1BD372B-5B78-41E9-BA6E-2AD2FC108541,medium.2x.1507370061.jpeg

Do our continental and worldwide owners have such recalls? And have you had this one? What systems are in place in other countries to ensure recalls are directed to owners?

Mine will take a while as it will be sent to the lease company to forward it on.

My one has done 70,000 miles on the current software so not feeling its too urgent, probably wait until the next service in a couple of months to have it done then.

I've just checked and only thing I found was fuel leak recall on 2015 model

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=EEB8F0A43EC875FF80257EFF003D2C84&freeText=Blank&tx=

Regulo said:
Do our continental and worldwide owners have such recalls? And have you had this one? What systems are in place in other countries to ensure recalls are directed to owners?
Yes, I had the fix done while I waited in the shop. About 5 weeks ago. Sweden. I got a letter from Mitsubishi Sweden about this.

I got one of these letters.
I phoned my local dealer to book the service and was held on the phone for 10 minutes before they answered to take my number so they could call back - apparently their switchboard had been flooded with calls.

We've had that recall quite a while ago here in Oz...

I guess they wanted to make sure that they got all the bugs out before doing the recall in the UK.

Has anyone actually experienced the problem? i.e. displayed message "EV System Service Required - Stop Safely"

If so, what were the circumstances?

It would be interesting to know your experiences. Presumably only occurs when using the ICE. Safe to use as long as traction battery charged?

Our Australian Phev owners are ahead of us somewhat..........

01 Jun 2017
http://www.caradvice.com.au/555662/2013-2017-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-recalled-for-engine-fix/

The pre-facelift Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has been recalled this week, with 1654 units potentially affected by an engine fault which could shut off the petrol motor inadvertently.
Mitsubishi reports that improper engine software, electric vehicle (EV) software and spark plug specification are the cause of the issue, which could turn off the plug-in hybrid system’s petrol engine unexpectedly during use, limiting the vehicle to electric power only.
If the condition occurs, the battery could go flat – as no charge is coming from the engine – which could leave drivers stranded and at risk of having an accident.

The recalled Outlander PHEV SUVs were sold from 19 September 2013 through 2 March 2017, though the vehicles in question are officially dubbed as MY14 and MY14.5.
Affected models are within the VIN range JMFXDGG2WEZ000101 ~ JMFXDGG2WEZ002023

Getting mine done on Friday. They said 42 minutes is optimistic, is likely to be 60 to 90 minutes.

Haven't had the letter yet (will take a while to get through the lease company), but I had it done after its first MOT last week.......I was there for 3 hours in total!!! :eek:

Back