Outlander Ranked No1 SUV in What Car Reliability Survey 2017

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddywheels

Good to see this -

Less than 10% of Outlanders suffered a fault; the areas affected were bodywork, brakes, engine electrics and non-engine electrics, all in equal measure. Almost 75% of cars were fixed in less than a day and all were fixed for free in less than a week.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-7/

I've had mine 14 months now without any issues apart from a seat creaking so I believe it :mrgreen:

I had 2 nightmare Range Rover Sports between 2010 and 2015 and a Discovery Sport for 9 months in 2016 before I gave up and bought the Mitsubishi :oops:

I'm not surprised the RRS came last in the group :roll:

I have a lot of confidence in (properly) Japanese cars. My last was a Subaru that I had for 12 years and was very little trouble. Let's hope that Mitsubishi can keep up the standard now that Renault has a hand... my impression has been that Nissan isn't what it was.

Steve

I'm almost sure they are comparing the Diesel version of it (not necessarily the PHEV which is very different).

But so far I can't complain, so I'll just ignore this "nuance" and enjoy the moment :)

I can't see where it implies it means the diesel. The PHEV has outsold the diesel. I think I've only seen three diesel Outlanders; the PHEV is everywhere And they show pics of the PHEV. So unless it says otherwise I'm assuming it's all variants, and that the PHEV will represent the majority of the reports they had compared to the diesel.

Steve

Hi Daff,

You bring up good points, didn't notice the picture having the PHEV side letters. And when you click the link it actually goes to the PHEV review as well. Since the numbers are theirs as well, it's self consistent.

I think you are probably right, sorry my mistake :)

Hi all, newbie here, thought I'd say hello.

Recently purchased my first PHEV and so far I love it. Even more so when I saw the results of What Car reliability survey which I must admit gave me a warm glow of satisfaction of a decision well-made :D

Mikk

Back