I got to drive these but the Phev is more practical IMO.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

So Australian made Holden cars have shut down and I am considering purchasing one of these as an investment. Will be locked up in garage, only 1200 made, hardly driven except for servicing, and hand on to my sons to sell at a later date or not.

V8 6.2lt, 18lt/100kms urban, 9.5lt/100kms extra urban, 12lts/100kms combined, has a push button to allow extra exhaust note into cabin, GM level 3 track spec .
Good size boot as it is a biggish car. Around 5s 0-100km/hr if you can stop the back wheels spinning. Just a big muscle car and loved by a lot of Australians.Our highway patrol police use a slightly down graded version of these.

Then about 1 hour later I got to drive one these. Kia Stinger. Would not buy for investment would just use whenever.

V6 3.3lt twin turbocharged, 14.9lts/100kms urban, 7.5lts/100kms extra urban, 10.2lts/100kms combined, push button launch control, around 4.8s 0-100km/hr, smaller sized boot, similar pricing to the car above, our highway patrol police are considering using these as replacements for the Holden.

Drove the PHEV to both these test drives and loved the high driving position better and defiantly preferred the PHEV fuel consumption :lol:. A far more practical car.

Now the big decision. Investment or fun and colour of either :roll: or :idea: buy both. :eek: :lol:

Regards Trex.

jaapv said:
Since when is a Holden or Kia an investment ;) ?

Holden, investment goes like the clappers but locked away in garage and never used. Last of the great muscle cars built in Aussie. You would have to live here or driven one to know. ;)

Kia, goes like the clappers. Would just use whenever. Defiantly not an investment, will lose money on.

Hmmm.. I would prefer a Bugatti Veyron or MacLaren if I wanted to beat the stock market over a coupe of decades.

jaapv said:
Hmmm.. I would prefer a Bugatti Veyron or MacLaren if I wanted to beat the stock market over a coupe of decades.

:lol: :lol:

Will be buying a couple of houses so the sons can move out before I spent that sort of money on a couple of even I think more unpractical cars . :roll:

Shame about the demise of Holden muscle cars. If I were in your shoes I'd be tempted to buy the Holden and use it. If you store it for your sons or an an investment you run the risk of such big engines being banned by then!

The Kia looks great but the Holden is a true Aussie working class hero. I know which I would buy!

Steve

Trex said:
So Australian made Holden cars have shut down and I am considering purchasing one of these as an investment. Will be locked up in garage, only 1200 made, hardly driven except for servicing, and hand on to my sons to sell at a later date or not.
Regards Trex.
I'm available for adoption if you're giving out cars :lol:
Nice to see you back on the forum

jaapv said:
BTW, interesting to see that the Holden has the classic Vauxhall stripes on the bonnet.

You do realise we exported them over there as a Vauxhall do you not?

Here's an older model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcKfwf1aYw

Material from Top Gear via youtube.

Daff said:
Shame about the demise of Holden muscle cars. If I were in your shoes I'd be tempted to buy the Holden and use it. If you store it for your sons or an an investment you run the risk of such big engines being banned by then!

The Kia looks great but the Holden is a true Aussie working class hero. I know which I would buy!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I have thought about that side of it ie engine banned. A mate of mine says there will no petrol available when the boys go to sell it. I replied they can grow some corn and mix up a batch of ethanol if they have to. ;) :mrgreen:

If I get one to just drive around the next model down with the same motor and they made in quite a few more numbers, but slightly lower spec and cheaper I think would be the one to get.

Regards Trex.

Sumpy said:
Trex said:
Regards Trex.
I'm available for adoption if you're giving out cars :lol:
Nice to see you back on the forum

:lol: :lol:
:oops:
Good to see you again sumpy. Hope everything is going well.

Regards Trex.

Trex said:
Daff said:

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I have thought about that side of it ie engine banned. A mate of mine says there will no petrol available when the boys go to sell it. I replied they can grow some corn and mix up a batch of ethanol if they have to. ;) :mrgreen:

Regards Trex.

Or take us into Mad Max's world. :lol:

And yes I was drooling over the red cars - mind you at my age I drool quite a lot :oops:

greendwarf said:
Trex said:
Hi Steve,

Regards Trex.

Or take us into Mad Max's world. :lol:

And yes I was drooling over the red cars - mind you at my age I drool quite a lot :oops:

Sorry Mr greendwarf Sir,

I missed this. :oops:

Ah Mad Max.

Yes. I can picture in my mind my sons in the future taking out the Holden and fighting off or racing the gangs of bad guys in the outback. :lol:

Them using the PHEV to do the same is a bit harder to picture though. :shock: :lol: Maybe with a heap of solar panels on the roof to keep them going. :idea:

Nothing wrong with a bit of drooling as we get older. ;)

Back