System randomly resets

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mak786

Hi Guys
I have a 2017 Juro with the non-mmcs system.
I have experienced loud 'pops' as the system resets itself randomly, about once a month over the last 6 months. The latest two were last week, and one this morning.
The only side effect (once it restarts the audio) is that DAB station 3 loses its label - but restores the next time you stop the car and restart.
My dealer is unaware of any issues and wants the car for up to an hour to take readings to submit to Mitsubishi.

Any one else having similar issues ?

Hi, I drive a 2017 Juro that I leased in May last year. The symptoms you describe have occurred just once in my car. I don’t have any explanation but am certainly interested to hear what your dealer discovers.

Has happened a couple of times on my 2017 Juro, just put it down to the Japanese spy firmware resetting! :lol:
Just another unknown, along with it not charging overnight (although this could be user error), and the engine running while in EV mode (needing a double tap on the Save button to kill off).

Mak786 said:
Hi Guys
I have a 2017 Juro with the non-mmcs system.
I have experienced loud 'pops' as the system resets itself randomly, about once a month over the last 6 months. The latest two were last week, and one this morning.
The only side effect (once it restarts the audio) is that DAB station 3 loses its label - but restores the next time you stop the car and restart.
My dealer is unaware of any issues and wants the car for up to an hour to take readings to submit to Mitsubishi.

Any one else having similar issues ?

Hi Mak786, did your dealer manage to identify and rectify the fault? It has happened a couple more times on my car. I will mention it to my dealer when car goes for first service in May but these sort of intermittent faults can be very illusive.

Not as yet - I tried to get them to look into this, but they had a power failure that day and couldn't do it.
Will have to wait until next service in June, as just don't have the time to make the dealer trip.

Mak786 said:
Not as yet - I tried to get them to look into this, but they had a power failure that day and couldn't do it.
Will have to wait until next service in June, as just don't have the time to make the dealer trip.

Mine goes in for its first service in May. If the dealer identifies a fault I will let you know.

Just had my second service and the dealership has changed hands recently. They looked at me blankly when I asked them to hook the car up to their system and send data to Mitsubishi !
All they did was reset the audio system (so I lost some presets) and said to let them know if still an issue.

Not had a re-occurrence (but it's only been a week)...

Mak786 said:
Just had my second service and the dealership has changed hands recently. They looked at me blankly when I asked them to hook the car up to their system and send data to Mitsubishi !
All they did was reset the audio system (so I lost some presets) and said to let them know if still an issue.

Not had a re-occurrence (but it's only been a week)...

Which dealer was that? - I live in London too

Dear Mak786, WAH64 and Phil. I found this topic in Google. I am from the Netherlands and have a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 Exec. Edition (bought as a used car in March). This is a non PHV-edition. Today I had the exact same issue. A loud 'pop' and the rockford fosgate media system restarted while i was waiting at the traffic light (with engine running). Have you found a solutions for this issue? Thank you very much.

I've had the same issue, with a 2017 Juro PHEV. A loud pop, and the audio system restarts after a few seconds. No other obvious ill-effects. It's happened maybe half a dozen times in the 6 years I've had the car. Forgot to ask the dealer about it when I took it for its annual service each year, but judging by the comments above, most likely the dealer wouldn't have a clue anyway. Fortunately it only affects the audio system, unlike one of the first cars I had, in the 1960s - a Triumph Spitfire, in which the electrics would cut out occasionally, leaving me without lights or anything else.

Back