Insurance PHEV Model confusion

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincarbon

Trying to get insurance for a 2017 4h being delivered 9th Feb 2018.

Insurance companies don't seem to have the 4h variant but have the GX4h listed... silly question is this the same vehicle.

The Mitsubishi website doesn't list the vehicle as GX4h but just 4h.

Any ideas?

Mitsubishi seem to have dropped the "GX" tag. Pretty sure the 4h is what was formerly called GX4h. I expect the insurance companies just haven't caught up.

Steve

When I recently renewed my PHEV insurance I noticed that the renewal papers had the wrong model shown but the correct registration number, ie it was shown as 4H when it is registered as and is a 4HS. I phoned to correct the error, which was solely down to the insurance company database and not me as I was only ever asked the registration number when I took out the insurance. I was told that technically I had been incorrectly insured for the previous year with the risk that a claim could be denied! When I pointed out that it was their error and not mine they rechecked their database they found that the car was incorrectly identified. It has now been corrected.

You should be asking for a refund, Tipper, as I believe the 4hs is in a lower insurance group than the 4h (due to added safety kit IIRC)... ;)

Back