Odd servicing outcome today + DAB fault

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 816

Had a routine dealer service today.

Was also due the sparkplug/ECU recall and the WIFI security update.

Had new plugs fitted but apparently Mitsubishi have put a hold on both the software mods due to there being issues.

My MMCS has also developed an annoying new fault, on DAB when you have a preset station selected (button is changed colour) it keeps randomly deselecting the station (button changes back) and switching to a random station (one not even on a preset!)

Its not the steering wheel control wiring as it doesn't do it on FM or SD card music and you would expect it to also jump then too.

I am considering clicking on the MMCS Reset function and clearing the whole thing but I need to look at what the consequences might be..

I am nearly out of warranty if its 3 years but I had a feeling just before I got mine (January 2015) Mitsubishi went to 4 years? I know its five now but I am beyond the mileage anyway.

I guess the lease company will have to stump up if it needs a new MMCS!

My 2014 GX4H has always done this. It usually defaults to Radio 5Live, which is totally full of gasbags wittering on about football - as if I care. Most annoying.

Hi Regulo, mine never did it until a few days ago.

Equally annoying is mine defaults to Talk Sport... like yours, load of old rubbish talking about football which I have no interest in either!

Its really annoying me!

Back