Paintwork

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legfan

Hi, i have read various reviews on the paintwork being very thin on the Outlander, is that on the earlier models or does it also apply to new model ? Is the solid paint a better option than metalic ?
Cheers

Legfan said:
Hi, i have read various reviews on the paintwork being very thin on the Outlander, is that on the earlier models or does it also apply to new model ? Is the solid paint a better option than metalic ?
Cheers

Hi there, sorry no substantial input here but, i can confirm that on the original model it is immensely thin, in fact i even managed to make a black spot (paint vanished) only by trying to polish out a bunch of hairline scratches on the FR door. (Guess I'm going to replace the door in the same color code from dismantlers, because respraying the part would cause a heavy hit to the resale value.)

BTW my paintwork is U17A -- as stated on vehicle but all touch up paints list only "U17"... (which is, based on the engine bay's plaquette, the valid code for the interior color... Somewhat confusion here)

I guess though, once they found out how to make such a thin layer of paint work on these latest vehicles, I guess they ain't gonna look back. :(

Hi there, I'm back with some substantial info. Within our local club an owner measured his 2015 (facelifted) pearl white PHEV. It measured 100 micron around the bodywork (each panel measured). The metallic should be thinner than the pearl paintwork so cca. 70 micron should be valid for the facelifted metallic models.

Still no info on the pre-facelift PHEV - but the metallic should be somewhere at 70 micron too. These are generally pretty low values according to the guy, who's been checking hundreds of cars already with his paint meter.

Back