Side steps uk dealer fitted.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showard

Hi thought I'd try this page as I got no replies in the accessories forum. Has anyone had side steps fitted by a main dealer. I have been told that you cannot have these fitted due to the batteries being low down. Yet I have seen lots of pictures of them fitted in other European countries??

Usually by third-party fitters. Or a dealer will fit after-market ones. You must take care that the sidebars fitted have a CE mark for legal reasons.

Fitting is straightforward and at most needs a minor modification to one bracket because of the exhaust pipe.

Note that a push-bar is not possible on cars fitted with an ACC/Collision Mitigation system as it will block the radar sensor.

Side steps are only avaliable for the diesel model as the exhaust runs along the the innerside of the door sill on the PHEV. The Step brackets run about a 3rd into the car and would compromize the exhaust and hybrid battery.

Side steps look great on the Outlander and really finish the overall look. However, They reduce the cars offroad capability and are so narrow that they serve no purpose at all.

They also increase weight to the car and add drag due to reduced aerodynamics

They would have, but it was quicker for me to drive to the supplier. It took him about fifteen minutes to fit them.

Back