Almost 2 weeks and 1700 miles in...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergee

Just thought that I would let you know that I'm almost 2 weeks in and I have done about 1700 miles. I have worked out that My fuel usage equates to 45mpg and i have used about £22 of electricity from my home charging point. (£214 petrol, £1.31/Litre 1630 miles)

I have had some long journeys, a couple of 400 miles and one today of 200.

That is not great mpg, but you have had some quite long journeys. I have had my PHEV for about the same amount of time and am just about to reach 1000 miles. My average mpg is about 125mpg but I am not sure how much electricity I have used (although a lot of it will have come from my solar panels with the current weather conditions).

Wow! :shock:

You must be doing loads of small trips and charging at every available opportunity. I normally only get to charge mine once per day at home and maybe twice a week at public points.

i would also like to mention that a full charge (chargevision data) can be anything from 11kw up to 13.21kw.

Fergee said:
Wow! :shock:

You must be doing loads of small trips and charging at every available opportunity. I normally only get to charge mine once per day at home and maybe twice a week at public points.

i would also like to mention that a full charge (chargevision data) can be anything from 11kw up to 13.21kw.

After 8 weeks (and some winter morning temps around -1^c to 5^c)
Total kms - 2740 kms (3 day trips over 100 kms - 144, 213 & 582 but average daily commute of 40 kms)

Total Petrol - 65.8 ltrs ($96)
= 3.9 ltr/100 kms

Total kwhs - 285 (about $46) - charging every night with some daytime W/E with solar

+++++++
1702 miles
14.5 gal
= 117.3 mpg
+++++++

This litre per 100km is less than my previous vehicle, a Prius C 1.5 ltr engine of 4 to 4.5 ltr/100 kms

One of my customers has done to date 704 miles and is still on the origional £20 of fuel i put in the car for him. He is a town driver and charges up every other day. It costs him obut 50 pence a day to run the car, He lives in a hilly area of Sheffield and always uses his regenerative breaking system to increase EV range.

:D

He is a town driver and charges up every other day
I really can't understand the point of that (unless he only drives it every other day?) :?

Two 'small' charges every night will, to all intents and purposes, cost the same as one 'bigger' one every other night - It's the mileage you do that dictates charge cost, not how often you plug it in.

Charging every other day might be fine if he can predict his usage with 100% accuracy, but if he has to make an impromptu journey on the 'uncharged' day he may have to use petrol instead.

It's not like it weighs anything, unlike petrol (no doubt someone will tell me I'm wrong and a charged battery weighs an infinitesimal amount more than a half empty one!). ;)
H

Back