45k Service, Printed Battery Report Not Possible?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOz

Staff member
Well colour me suspicious...

I've just taken mine in for the 45,000 km service (even though it hasn't turned over 19k yet) and was told that a full battery check was part of the service.

The guy behind the counter said that they check the charging/status of every cell as part of this process.

Naturally I asked for a copy of the printed report.

He advised that a printed report was "not possible" but would ask the mechanic that maintains all the electric vehicles again, because "all the PHEV owners keep asking".

When I collected the car there was a single line on the invoice that said: "Battery Check: passed" and the counter guy said that the electric car guy had shouted at him, and told him to stop asking for something that he cannot do.

When I got into the car, I noticed that the power level looked pretty much the same as when I dropped the car off, i.e. not fully charged, nor fully discharged. Sitting at around about 30% SOC.

I would be very interested to hear other's opinions about this, my instinct is that no "battery check" was performed on the main battery. Unless it was something incredibly simple like checking that no cell was significantly low via the port.

:(

Oh, forgot to mention, they also did two "recall" tasks.

1. EV Remote Security Reflash - counter guy advised that this improved the firewalls between the wifi/remote module, and the other systems.

2. Park Brake Inspection - counter guy advised that there had been some issues reported with the rear calipers.

No new password this time, and the handbrake did feel quite different the first time I used it.

I've checked the "Service and Warranty" booklet, and there is, as far as I can see, nothing mentioned battery-wise for the main battery except: "A Service Schedule ... Main battery charge/save mode/s operation"

This is exactly the same response I got from my dealer here in UK. They do not have the ability to print off the results of the battery check. Perhaps we have to ask Mitsu in Japan, as presumably they get the info sent to them. :idea:

So, they cannot take screen shots and print them even if it does not come in the form of an Excel sheet, which I suspect it does? I suspect that the words "cannot" should be replaced by "won't" or "are not allowed to".
"Don't know how to" is a weak excuse.

greendwarf said:
Maybe, we don't know - so I've asked Mitsu UK.

And here is their reply:-

"Thank you for your enquiry.

It is usually the case that, when necessary, our technical department would ask for a data snapshot of BMU ECU, followed by an auto capacity measurement check, and then finally another BMU data snapshot, which would then give an accurate reading of battery capacity.

It is the case that most dealers have their diagnostic unit set to a printer, but if not the information can be exported and emailed.

I trust that this has been of assistance."

That makes perfect sense.

So, in the case of my dealer, the probably don't have the unit connected to a printer, and the technician doesn't know about the "export and email" method.

Back