Charge mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegurio

Not sure what you call it (series/parallel etc.) but in theory, if you had a full battery, and hit the charge button, it wouldn't charge between 100 and 81% would it? I'm just thinking that if you hit that one to start off with when you were going on long trip, would it be better mileage overall?

Don't think it would - isn't 80% the maximum it generally gets to? And you would then surely need to top up that bit of petrol used in charging before you set off (are you thinking of idling whilst charging and then setting off?) to get any more miles out of it. Doesn't feel like it would work.
Cheers
H

thegurio said:
Not sure what you call it (series/parallel etc.) but in theory, if you had a full battery, and hit the charge button, it wouldn't charge between 100 and 81% would it? I'm just thinking that if you hit that one to start off with when you were going on long trip, would it be better mileage overall?
Worse, I fear. Considerably.

jaapv said:
thegurio said:
Worse, I fear. Considerably.

+1

You can't even choose save mode with a battery level above 90%, and charge mode only charges to 70 or 80%.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back