PHEV dismantling.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vs2

Have a good look at the PHEV been pulled apart. This car was a statutory write off with frame damage so could never be registered again.

https://www.evolutionaustralia.com.au/single-post/2018/04/19/The-Last-Day-Of-The-Outlander-PHEV

Beat me to it D:

Still it is probably the first time I've seen what is underneath the car and also answers the question of what is blocking the 3rd row of the PHEV version.
The most interesting thing to me is the location of the electric heater core. I thought it would be in the front of car, not underneath the driver's seat.

Also the label shows that indeed the Outlander PHEV does have a 12 kWh battery from the factory from the sticker on it. On YT from the Weber State University of Utah in USA, the professor disassembled a Chevrolet Bolt EV (you Europeans know that as the Opel Ampera-E) and found that the battery despite being marketed as a 60 kWh, it is officially rated as 57 kWh as stated on the battery pack itself.

Back