Help, newbie thinking of buying first PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSB

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying an Outlander PHEV but am struggling to decide on the model. I'm not new to Mitsubishi, my last 3 cars have been Shoguns, just new to hybrids.

I've browsed this forum and various sites for info on the models and their specs but I'm still a little unsure what to go for. I hope the members here can help.

Here's what I've decided so far, the model I think I want is a 2015 gx4h, ie the cheaper pre-facelift model.

Please can you advise if i might regret not going for the facelift model?

Can you confirm if the 2015 model has remote control of heating?

Is there any crucial difference between this and a facelift model in terms of interior and dash display?

Is mileage of around 80k acceptable with regards the battery?

Any other words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!

Personally, I would not go for a high mileage one - people are beginning to see significant battery degradation at figures like that.

I got my 2013 PHEV with ~75k miles, almost 2 years ago.

After a couple of months of ownership I got a proper ODB2 adapter and I was able to check that battery health was 96%

Battery health is more due to age and type of usage then not "miles" ... (mainly type of usage ... people that used B5 or did towing reaching very low battery charge level .. or people that kept the car connected to the charger all the time ... etc ... these got less the 90% health in just 1 year and less then 25k miles)

People that do high mileage on the PHEV do these miles burning fuel, not using the battery .. if these people also don't bother to charge the PHEV ... then the PHEV battery is kept in perfect condition since it is mainly unused

Anyhow ... assuming the interest is due to run as much as possible in EV mode ... the advice is to take an ODB2 adapter and check battery status over the watchDog application.

Back