Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 NA Bluetooth Phone Volume Improved
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:36 am 

One of my very few complaints with my US 2018 Outlander has been insufficient volume on the Bluetooth phone connection. Turning the volume to maximum “11” was often just too soft to clearly hear the phone call.

The dealer was very sympathetic as this was a common complaint told that extended to other models as well. Apparently enough uproar was made that Mitsubishi created a software update which was recently released. The dealer applied this patch and the improvement is substantial.

It still only uses the passenger side speaker, I would prefer it to use both sides. However that is nigglying as the problem has been remidied.
:lol: :?

Post subject: Re: 2018 NA Bluetooth Phone Volume Improved
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:32 am 

LGAero wrote:
One of my very few complaints with my US 2018 Outlander has been insufficient volume on the Bluetooth phone connection. Turning the volume to maximum “11” was often just too soft to clearly hear the phone call.

The dealer was very sympathetic as this was a common complaint told that extended to other models as well. Apparently enough uproar was made that Mitsubishi created a software update which was recently released. The dealer applied this patch and the improvement is substantial.

It still only uses the passenger side speaker, I would prefer it to use both sides. However that is nigglying as the problem has been remidied.
:lol: :?

I don't see it in the TSB list here: https://www.truedelta.com/Mitsubishi-Ou ... s-220,2017 (change url year to see other years), there is one about phone static noise:

Quote:
Date: 10/21/17
NHTSA ID: 10119738
TSB ID: TIN1754001

This is a technical information notice that was sent to dealers, to provide software update instructions for vehicles with smartphone link display audio systems that exhibit a very brief white/static noise while operating the speech button

Maybe they will add this one soon, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am 

Very interesting, thank you for the info. I will have to as my dealer about it as I've been struggling with the (lack of) phone volume as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 pm 

We picked up a 18 GT for my wife last week. She said she can't hear the phone when using Bluetooth but when she connected the phone to the USB and went through CarPlay, it worked fine.