Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pre Heating Without the App
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 am 

You must have a "fast" charger at home, for still see 100% SOC battery after 20min of pre-heating

I think if you have the 16Amp J1772 charger box, you can get close to 3.7kw, which should cover most the 4kw power from the electric cabin heater

My PHEV has a "standard Mitsubishi" 10A J1772 charger box, so my PHEV, even if it is connected to a charger while pre-heating it still lose 1800w from the battery while is warming up my car. So most of the time I did notice the difference, but sometime not .. since sometime the BMU "forget" about the energy lost/consumed while pre-heating

4kw x 20min = 1.3kwh .. that is about 15% of the PHEV available battery when the battery is as good as new ... else it can be a bit more then that. I guess 4kw is the max power used, if the temperature is not extremely cold, already after 10min it might use less then 4kw for continue the pre-heat program ... so .. possibly 20min pre-heat in general use 1kwh or a bit less then this.

Post subject: Re: Pre Heating Without the App
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm 

Thank you Elm. Yes I do have a fast charger.

And your technical knowledge is much greater than mine, but your Maths seems to tally with what I'm experiencing. Appreciated.