Bye Bye clunks, hello smooth again!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 816

For some time my PHEV has had the 'clunk' problem when coming off the brake so the motors take up the load of the car. Its really noticeable in stop/start traffic, I sort of got used to it and I thought the car was going soon anyway.

But looks like I will keep it longer now (as the LEX Lease site is bare of any choice at the moment). So I had it serviced today and had the problem fixed.

Its been mentioned here before, there is a common PHEV fault (your dealer will know instantly) with a mounting/supporting bracket on the rear motor, it fails and allows the motor to move a bit, every time the motor takes up the strain - clunk!. Its a common fix to replace it by your dealer, should be warranty.

I had forgotten how smooth the PHEV is when it works properly!!!

We've got that, but we are out of warranty - anyone know how much the repair costs?

maby said:
We've got that, but we are out of warranty - anyone know how much the repair costs?

Mine is out of warranty too. Well no mention of cost was made, or saying they would be billing the lease company. I can't help wondering if this is another 'known' design fault like the rear calipers that Mitsubishi don't mind quietly fixing even out of warranty as a good will gesture - to avoid bad press or recalls?

Worth having a chat with your dealer about it first, they may have been given the nod on these or can ask head office.

Back