Help!!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austen

I went to shut my windows which were all open and found the car dead, only a blue light on the start button. The local Mitsu garage told me where to find the +12v point and by using jump leads I was able to bring up the display. I believe the message was EV SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED STOP SAFELY but then the heavens opened and the 12v had to be disconnected. The car was used yesterday briefly and had a nearly a fully charged battery, when I left the car yesterday I pulled the key out of the holder too quickly and got a message so put it back, I am wondering if I left the car on- would this drain a fully charged battery?

So is the traction battery and the 12v battery flat? I thought the traction battery was not allowed to go below 20%?

Should I try and put the traction battery on charge.

If the car has to go to a dealer does it need to get lifted on to a lorry?

Any information would be appreciated.

I am no expert.

Sounds like the aux battery went flat.

My understanding is that if jumping the AUX battery to start the car, the traction battery will only charge the aux battery whilst the car is still on.

Some models to charge the AUX battery from the traction battery on a daily basis, but that is no good if the AUX battery is too flat to start proceedings.

Bit confused. Why would pulling the key out of the holder cause a problem? Why put it in there anyway? I don't, and get no problems.

Anyway, once you've got the car "jumped" you should be able to start the engine, at least. Or am I not getting the gist of this problem?

If you are able to 'jump' the car back into a live state using a jump start device on the fuse box connection inside the bonnet, then you should then be able to press the 'charge' button and the engine will start. If you then drive the car about for a while all should be ok?

Does sound as if you left it in one of the two 'blue light' live positions and flattened the auxiliary battery which seems to be something that quite a lot of PHEV owners have managed to do - including me. The 'EV SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED STOP SAFELY' will appear under these circumstances, often accompanied by some other weird electrical stuff. Worth having the auxiliary battery checked for 100% efficiency but it's probably ok.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't usually bother with the key slot (certainly not anymore !!).

But I agree I must have left it in a way that the aux battery drained.

I jumped it again this morning and it has come to the Ready state and I have driven the car with no problems except that the radio needs tuning.

Back