Firmware F#&k up at service ... official service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elm70

Fu........ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

In my MMCS there is no more the option for "Timer Charge" and "Remote Climate Control"

On top ... the hack on keyfob , now it is not working anymore

We were discussing about making service for our PHEV from an independent garage ... yes ... it would have been much better for me ...
An independent garage would not have touch my workging firmware in my car

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I guess there is no other solution then go back to service and hope they can put back the correct firmware in my car.
This is going to happen on Saturday .. so 1 week without been able to warm up my car ... so ... I have the risk to manually scratch the ice out of my car in the morning .. and decide to drive in frezing cold, or wasting fuel ... :oops:

According to Mitsubishi, when they did this to my car, the "Remote module" had failed.

Probably needs to be running matching firmware to the ECU.

Took about a month for a new one to be shipped.

Check the forum, you'll find that it happened to other people's cars too.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to post about it.

Thanks Andy.

Can you give me more detail in order to guide the service people here ?

Maybe you can tell me which garage in Australia made and then solve the problem with your car ... and in which month / year did this happen

It sounds you had to wait 1 month for this get it fixed ... was a firmware issue , or it also had an HW issue too ?

PS: I did find the old thread : http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3564 ... but there is not much info there

Sorry mate, I didn't notice your reply.

It was definitely a hardware component, that they called the "Remote Module".

It handles timers and wifi connection.

It was ordered from Mitsubishi and took a while to come in.

The dealer was:

Australian Motors Mitsubishi
Address: 19-33 Goodwood Rd,
Wayville South Australia 5034
AUSTRALIA

Looking at the thread, the wifi module/remote module was replaced in July 2017.

After it was installed, I had a new wifi password etc.

Thanks Andy

Luckily the problem was not the same.
I had to waste 3 hours yesterday at the Mitsubishi garage but they did sort out the problem

At least they provide me the WiFi password which I was not having before

Now I can use the official app .. which is quiite useless since the range is incredible short, and does not really provide much informations

So in my case, I don't know if they put in my PHEV in a wrong firmware, of they just disable some options in the previous service work.
Clicking on go home from the navigation, it is looking like it was showing me something new ... but all in all I can't spot any other firmware difference in my car.

Back