New Battery, What Capacity? EVBATMon

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutoE

Mitsubishi just replaced the battery on our 2014 Outlander PHEV. We were told we have a better, upgraded battery. I have my doubts. Finding initial range under 30km and all stats suggesting otherwise.
Using EVBATMON which reported the condition of the old battery to within a 1% of the service center diagnosis (62.6% in less than 4 years), the Battery Condition PMC is reporting as 83.4% with a Battery Capacity of 31.7Ah at 99% SOC. How is a "new" battery 83.4%?

No new battery is 100% 40 Ah. It is always considerably lower, although your finding is certainly on the low side. However, if you are using the dashboard indication to judge your range, be aware that it is completely inaccurate.

On the low side? New batteries have typically been around 37 - 38 Ah. I think 31.7 is very low. My battery is quite crappy and it took me 90.000 km to get to 31.7 Ah.

AutoE said:
Mitsubishi just replaced the battery on our 2014 Outlander PHEV. We were told we have a better, upgraded battery. I have my doubts. Finding initial range under 30km and all stats suggesting otherwise.
Using EVBATMON which reported the condition of the old battery to within a 1% of the service center diagnosis (62.6% in less than 4 years), the Battery Condition PMC is reporting as 83.4% with a Battery Capacity of 31.7Ah at 99% SOC. How is a "new" battery 83.4%?

Interesting outcome - as you quote km I assume you are not in UK. For the benefit of us all (and especially Australia) which country are you in, current "mileage" (is there a metric equivalent term :lol: ) and approx. % EV?

Back