Driving lights question.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nindagley

Should both driving lights be on while driving or just the passenger side. I keep getting told only ones working.
I've taken the drivers side light out and it looks ok.
It seems that the drivers light is a fog light and works ok.
Should it double up as fog and driving light .
It looks totally different to the passenger one.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you are but the UK cars have two bulbs in each of the lower 'fog' lamps. One for the DRL duty (Daytime Running Lamps) and one for the fog lamp duty.
The DRLs are switched off when the headlamps are switched on as is required by UK (European?) law.

As far as I am aware both driving lights should be on, it is a legal requirement. Only when the indicators are working may one be switched off - which the PHEV doesn't do. I would suggest that your car has a wiring fault. Or that one was replaced by the wrong type. There are models without fog lights and models with dual-function lights.

Thanks guys - when I checked the bulb , there was only one bulb in there . So I'm assuming that's the fog light as that worked .
I'm surprised it hasn't got 2 . I don't really want to purchase another unit with dual bulbs in it .

Back