Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LED lights - Dazzling question
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:26 am 

I have a 4h (2.5yr old) with LED headlights.

When I first owned the car, with headlights on there appeared to be twin lights on either side (when viewing a reflection). The LED low beam was mega bright and very white/cold. The halogen high beam was very orange and a bit pathetic really, although given the LEDs I seldom needed it.

Fast forward to last winter. I had an accident which required the entire front end of the car to be rebuilt - it took 4 months to complete the work. The car looked as good as new when returned with one annoying issue.... The LEDs were equally bright, but more yellow/orange than before - I think - and looking at reflections I only ever seem to have one light on each side on, rather than the twins from before. I could live with that, but I basically get EVERYONE flashing me when driving at night, as the LEDs are clearly dazzling everyone. This isn't just one or two cars, but if I drive past 20 cars in the country, 15 of them will either flash or jam their full beam on!

At my last service I mentioned it to Mitsubishi who said they would check, and just came back and said 'Everythings fine' although frankly I don't believe them as there is a massive difference to the pre-rebuild car.

Is there some instructions for checking the LEDs, including part numbers etc, so I can check myself if the lights have been put back with the right configuration, or is it very much a sealed-box type arrangement? I did look at the manual but didn't see anything obvious, although I'm terrible at looking at manuals.

Cheers