How to get doors to automatically lock?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STS134

How do you get the doors to automatically lock when you switch on the vehicle, or put it into drive? The doors don't auto lock and this drives me nuts. Every car I haven driven in the last 18 years has had this feature and I never remember to lock the doors manually.

You cannot. I think it is not legal any more in some markets. However, the self-locking used to drive me nuts on other cars.

STS, found this: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=727

In that thread and other websites, I've heard several times the "Lexia" cable and etacs software. Quotes from other forums on this:

All these options are customizable either through MMCS (factory Navi), or by dealer's MUT III, or Lexia device.

I've set my locks to lock at about 20 kmh and unlock when switching to P.

After some research there definitely seems to be a setting for auto lock and unlocking. The setting seems to be tied with auto crash unlocking and speed sensitive locking. There is a website that shows all of the ETACS settings and this is one of them! So hurray, the next time i go to the dealer I will see if they can change this. In addition to this the option to allow for KOS control of the windows is also available for programming and a bunch of other stuff.

Here is a block of text explaining:

If you are the proud owner of the car Mitsubishi Outlander XL, Outlander III (2013MY), Lancer X or ASX, you probably have repeatedly drawn attention to the lack of user friendly features such as automatic locking / unlocking the central locking system. Some drivers consider this unnecessary functionality, well, those who like that sort of "chips", are trying to realize the automatic opening and closing of the central locking with the commands coming from the additional installed alarm (turned on the ignition - Power Door Locks closed, turned off the ignition - Power Door Locks opened).

In our opinion, the most comfortable, is a scheme in which the automatic locking the central locking occurs at the beginning of the movement and a set of speed 20km / h, and the unlock is made to transfer the key on "Lock", or the shift lever to position "P".

It is possible to implement, and not quite difficult, because electronic control units provide control central locking and only need to activate this functionality in the "brains" of the car. To do this, make the following changes in the Variant Coding ECU ETACS ECU:

Auto door lock / unlock -> crash unlock + speed lock;
Door Unlock Mode Customize -> Enabled;
Door unlock by IG lock customize -> Enabled (default disabled).
With these settings, ETACS ECU in the event of an unlocked lock on the driver's door and a set of speed 20km / h, central lock will be automatically closed on all the doors of the vehicle. When you try to open the driver's door lock or unlock pressing the central lock on the move again happen instantly lock the central locking on all doors of the vehicle.

Automatic unlocking the central locking will be made ​​in the event of an accident, as well as when you turn the key on "Lock", or when the speed change lever is in position "P" (after changing the option " Auto Door unlock "becomes available mode settings unlock the central locking) .

On vehicles equipped with a communication system Mitsubishi (MMCS), the settings can be changed directly on the display. More detailed information is provided in a separate manual.

Back