1000 Km fuel usage

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufo

I have seen people talking about how they didn't have to purchase any fuel during first month. So here is mine, did exactly 1000 km (1/5 highway, 4/5 city driving) charged full everytime at home. Fuel tank is still 9/10 full. Still couldn't figure out how to correctly adjust/set/read consumption values on MMCS and not going to bother anyway. Just wondering what the increase will be on the electricity bill?!?

ufo said:
I have seen people talking about how they didn't have to purchase any fuel during first month. So here is mine, did exactly 1000 km (1/5 highway, 4/5 city driving) charged full everytime at home. Fuel tank is still 9/10 full. Still couldn't figure out how to correctly adjust/set/read consumption values on MMCS and not going to bother anyway. Just wondering what the increase will be on the electricity bill?!?

It should only be a few quid (assuming your in England?, if not $'s) a day, so I'm budgeting for just under $15 a week, and so far I'm right! Happy to say that although I'm not getting 1000 out if a tank, I am looking like I'll get about 700 out of it, which is exactly my ceiling. If I can do that I'll be a very happy camper!

thegurio said:
ufo said:

It should only be a few quid (assuming your in England?, if not $'s) ...

Read his info panel - we don't have any well known "Sydney" in England...

been thinking about this, as i will be using mine on electric for over 90% of the time i reckon. fuel goes off, as i recently found out with my chainsaw. not sure i'd want the same fuel knocking about in the tank for over 3 months.

Phever said:
been thinking about this, as i will be using mine on electric for over 90% of the time i reckon. fuel goes off, as i recently found out with my chainsaw. not sure i'd want the same fuel knocking about in the tank for over 3 months.

The car will automatically run the engine to prevent stale fuel in the tank. IIRC it will run the ICE unless you add 20 litres of fuel over the course of 6 months and it will continue to do that until you do add 20 litres of fuel.

maby said:
thegurio said:
ufo said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to laugh for this, thanks guys.

By the way electricity bill came in which shows only 5 Kw/Hr increase on daily consumption overall. So with $0.30 dollar cost, PHEV is costing $1.5 a day to run which is great. That brings my weekly commuting cost to work to $1.5 x 5 = $7.5. Previously it was over $25. Can't complain about that :D

ufo said:
maby said:
thegurio said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to laugh for this, thanks guys.

By the way electricity bill came in which shows only 5 Kw/Hr increase on daily consumption overall. So with $0.30 dollar cost, PHEV is costing $1.5 a day to run which is great. That brings my weekly commuting cost to work to $1.5 x 5 = $7.5. Previously it was over $25. Can't complain about that :D

Yup, giulty as charged - that's what happens when you don't read stuff!

Back