Keep your keys in a tin box!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

This surprised even me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pffcngJJq0

twosout said:
I'm trusting that they wouldn't want to nick an Outlander! :eek:
Yes, my main antitheft measure is living between my two neighbours: one with a new Mustang, the other a fully tricked-out M3, both kept on their respective drives. Car theft isn't a big issue where I live, but I don't think any prospective thief would be drooling over my poor old PHEV :)

If people insist on leaving £40k cars on their drive, while their garage is full of junk . . .
Only speaking of my bit of street, of course! ;)

Seriously, this has been going on long enough that if people don't take simple precautions, then the insurers should be questioning whether there's a case of not paying out through wilful negligence. If you have keyless entry, not electronically shielding your key fob is tantamount to leaving it on the bonnet with a note saying, "Help yourselves".

I think the scanner has to be in close proximity to the fob if it is to receive communications.
If you keep the fob with you and take it upstairs at night, that should be beyond their "reach".
Leaving it in the hall is not such a good idea!

ChrisMiller said:
twosout said:
I'm trusting that they wouldn't want to nick an Outlander! :eek:
Yes, my main antitheft measure is living between my two neighbours: one with a new Mustang, the other a fully tricked-out M3, both kept on their respective drives. Car theft isn't a big issue where I live, but I don't think any prospective thief would be drooling over my poor old PHEV :)

I feel very safe when I park around my Outlander

I already experienced to lose my car, but it was a new BMW 320d quite some time ago, and it was having a license plate from Austria (luckily a company car in leasing, still a relative pain situation)

This signal repeater is quite expensive, and as far as I know they target only very expensive cars, possibly commissioned cars

Poland was famous (may it is still), for car robbery ... but normally they should prefer to go to Germany for collects cars, definitely BMW and Mercedes are the target cars .. especially BMW ... since there is a rich market for spare parts

PS: A funny story ... I know a Polish guy which got a Service car in Poland (due to a needed car repair/accident) ... and due to business reason he did drove to Germany with this car (in theory it is not allowed to use a service car outside the country) ... the guy got stopped by German police and he end up in prison, since the car was stolen :mrgreen: .. when the guy call the garage that gave him the service car .. the garage guy just reply to him "Why you took the car to Germany? You should know it is not allowed to leave the country" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can't imagine a PHEV stolen for joyriding and it would be a rubbish getaway car. Maybe the time will come when they are stolen for the batteries.

But ultimately it would be doing me a favour, its a lease car insured by the company, I would just get given a new car.

Back