"Fuelly" Accounts to compare consumption data

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1972

I've used this website to track fuel consumption of my cars for a few years now and (sadly!) find it all quite interesting.

I know the 'true' pence per mile figures for our PHEV's would need to include charging costs, but would members like to sign up to this site and use it to track petrol costs for their PHEV's?

It would be great if we could get a good sign up rate going to allow us all to see how each other is doing. Once signed up, there is some code on the fuelly site that allows you to display your current figure as part of your signature on forums. I'll add my current car's info to my signature to demonstrate :D (EDIT - once I've sorted out a gremlin or two!)

This is how it should look in the signature:

or like this, if you prefer:

I have no association with this site, in case anybody was wondering :lol:

I use the Road Trip app on my iPhone. Don't know anything about Fuelly but from what you say it sounds good - I'd be happy to sign up, for the greater good ;)

A great start folks, thanks for the support.

Just waiting on Mike (admin) to look into the issue of how to enable BBC code in your signatures, then we'll be up and running :D

Just give mike a chance to look at it folks please. I'm sure he'll resolve it at the first opportunity.

Thanks for your patience :)

Hi,
Fuelly doesn't list the PHEV as an option when adding your vehicle. Do you just use other and add all the other things (eg engine size) manually or is there an easier way?
Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
Hi,
Fuelly doesn't list the PHEV as an option when adding your vehicle. Do you just use other and add all the other things (eg engine size) manually or is there an easier way?
Kind regards,
Mark

You can add your vehicle description and photo etc manually Mark

In my tootling around the internet, I've found this site - http://www.voltstats.net/ - which is obviously Volt centric, but it's annoying it takes the data from the online portion and you can't enter it manually yourself...

Has anyone found anything similar we could use?

ok, try this mate (before you do though, make a note of your 1st entry's figures in case it goes pear shaped lol

On your first entry (the one where your odometer is 7 miles), change the number of litres to 0.01 and tick the box 'I missed a fuel up'.

Unless you do this, it is (somehow) including the number of litres in that first fuel up as 'fuel used', whereas in reality you were just filling the car up for the first time from the level the dealer supplied you with.

Give that a go to see if that solves things first up ;) should work :mrgreen:

Back