So what is better than the PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

Gday folks,

Just a quick catch up.

So what is better than the mighty PHEV?

Why, IMO, two of them of course. :idea:

Bought a new 2018 PHEV in April and still have our old April 2014 PHEV (still going great) so, I think, I am fairly qualified to compare them.

The new PHEV I think feels better in the suspension, quicker, quieter and just more a "solid" feel. By "solid" I mean even the doors sound firmer ,than the old PHEV even when new, on closing. The new MMCS is IMO easier to integrate with your phone though in some ways I miss the old built in GPS maps. But having the maps displayed from from your phone to the MMCS is reasonably easy anyhow. Just store your favourite music on your phone as well and the system feels pretty good to me.

So what colour did I get? White . I know it sounds boring but the wife wanted a white car and as she drives it the most the choice was easy and I have to admit it looks good to me. Definitely a practical colour for the heat over here and not showing the dirt as much IMO. Besides Mr greendwarf sir has white if I remember correctly so it has to be a good choice. ;)

But I still love driving either of our PHEVS when I get the chance.

That's all I can think of for the moment but if you have some questions ask away.

Regards Trex.

I believe they beefed up the doors on the MY16, mine seem fine where a chap I asked in the street when I was making my mind up had a MY14 and was disappointed in the "clunk click" VW test on the doors!

I love mine too but a a colleague asked and I had to honestly say that if they plan to do more than, say, 30 miles a day without interim charge there are better choices. I feel i'm not being unfair.

I think 30 miles a day is a bit harsh - with a new PHEV you ought to be able to do almost all of that on electric only. But certainly at 100 miles a day, you'll be running into severely diminished returns. I guess the real cut-off point comes somewhere in between.

VillageIdiotDan said:
I believe they beefed up the doors on the MY16, mine seem fine where a chap I asked in the street when I was making my mind up had a MY14 and was disappointed in the "clunk click" VW test on the doors!

I love mine too but a a colleague asked and I had to honestly say that if they plan to do more than, say, 30 miles a day without interim charge there are better choices. I feel i'm not being unfair.

Hi Dan,

But it is not just the doors, the whole car to me feels more "solid". I think I remember reading they beefed up the body with more spot welds to make it more rigid and added extra insulation to make it quieter. It's certainly noticeably improved to the family and myself.

Regards Trex.

ChrisMiller said:
I think 30 miles a day is a bit harsh - with a new PHEV you ought to be able to do almost all of that on electric only. But certainly at 100 miles a day, you'll be running into severely diminished returns. I guess the real cut-off point comes somewhere in between.

Totally agree Chris. You would have to work it out for yourself in relation to your electricity tariffs and fuel costs to work out the cut off point.

Back