Key Fob Battery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Just had my third service plus MOT with Stoneacre in Chesterfield (Derbyshire) - first experience with them as bought the car in Leeds but the novelty of driving up there for a day out in November has paled.The Christmas market is cr*p, in my opinion.

Anyway, all was well except they flagged up that my key fob would benefit from a new battery (a CR2032). When I asked how much that would cost they said £9+ (can't recall the exact amount) so as I had a load of them in the house politely declined their offer.

When I picked the car up I was told that they had replaced the battery free of charge.

Before venturing to the service reception my wife (who thinks she knows me well) told me not to mention the battery but I just couldn't help observing that I had piles of thes batteries, bought from LIDL for about £0.25 each and was provided with the response that 'ours are better than those'.

You couldn't make it up, could you....or could you?

Jim B

I got mine changed within the service ... even if it was not reported by the car as low in capacity.

I did not got this for free, but they charged me only ~40 cent euros ... so I did not complain about it.

Just did mine at home. One was getting a bit weak on locking/unlocking. I did both - found a You Tube vid and sorted in about 5 minutes tops with a couple of batteries that cost about a quid for both.
If one was being charitable to the garage, with labour at say £2 a minute.....
But outrageous. my particular hate is being charged to fill the washer fluid.

My fob was getting a bit flakey soon after we bought the car (secondhand). I went to the local ironmongers, and they even fitted the battery FOC. Never underestimate the value of local shops ;)

Back