First Phev! Any help or tips appreciated.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FormbyPhev

Hi,
So I took the plunge and went for my 1st PHEV.
Took delivery today of the Outlander 4hs '68 plate.

Have to be honest this wasn't my first choice initially but this is a company car with fuel card and other alternatives just seem to have massive tax ramifications. This seems very reasonable for a car which has a great spec and suits me personally as I have 3 children who I'm sure will prefer the room to being squashed in the back of my previous car.

I have done a fair bit of research but happy to receive and tips or helpful info if you would be so kind. Please don't get too technical though, like I say, this is my first time.

Thanks all.
:D

The key piece of information that will allow all the knowledgeable folks on here to help you is your usage pattern. Are you a road warrior doing 30,000 miles a year or just using the car for a shortish daily commute? If the company is paying your fuel, are they prepared to reimburse you for the cost of charging? Some businesses seem to be reluctant to do this (and some PHEVs end up never being charged up as a result), which is silly because (roughly) every £ of electricity you put in will save about £3 in petrol.

It will really help you to at least skim read the (dauntingly thick, I know) manual - this will give you a good idea of the various options and what the car is capable of, and you can focus in on any points that are particularly relevant to you. If you're interested, there's a huge amount of technical advice stored on this forum (some of it conflicting, of course :)). But if you just want to get in the car and drive it in D (and occasionally, I assume, R) just using the two pedals, you'll get at least 90% of the efficiency benefits without any extra hassle.

Congratulations

I'd love to know what EV rage is showing when fully charged ...... as I have a new 5hs and think I have an issue!

Just enjoy it! I don't worry about charging when out and about. It's worth pre-heating in the morning. if you don't leave kids in the car I have set mine to deadlock on one press of the remote.

Jon

PetrolHeadJohn said:
I'd love to know what EV rage is showing when fully charged ...... as I have a new 5hs and think I have an issue!

Just enjoy it! I don't worry about charging when out and about.
I think they assign the best batteries to people that do worry about charging when out and about :oops:

Back