Darlington co Durham

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojoxx

Is there anybody nearby who would be prepared to show me how to connect the app to the car and set the timers for the preheat ? Before it drives me mad ! I have had the car a week and every day I have a go but it has me beat . I must of read most of the forum so the interior lights are now led just the sides and fog to come .it's the computer side I'm struggling with ( no computers when I was at school ) I live at DL14JX but I can travel to you and even buy you a beer . thanks in advance

Forgive me for saying this, but isn't this something your dealer should have made sure you could do comfortably before they let you leave their forecourt when you picked the car up? If time didn't allow, then they should have arranged an appointment for you to come back and to give you as much time as necessary.

OUTLANDER PHEV MITSUBISHI REMOTE CONTROL | MITSUBISHI MOTORS JAPAN
https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/

Thanks for the replies. I bought the car from Glasgow and the gentleman who sorted it all out for me was on holiday when the paperwork was completed so a colleague of his drove the car down to Birtley to hand it over and he didn't have the knowledge unfortunately ! . I stupidly thought I had learnt enough off this exellent forum . But the old " too much knowledge not enough practice " is true . And I don't fancy asking my local mitsubishi dealer to me it's a little cheeky. But I have a recall today so might chance it . Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. I bought the car from Glasgow and the gentleman who sorted it all out for me was on holiday when the paperwork was completed so a colleague of his drove the car down to Birtley to hand it over and he didn't have the knowledge unfortunately ! . I stupidly thought I had learnt enough off this exellent forum . But the old " too much knowledge not enough practice " is true . And I don't fancy asking my local mitsubishi dealer to me it's a little cheeky. But I have a recall today so might chance it . Thanks again

I think this is something that's going to start becoming more common on this forum. Up until now I would guess that most people on here bought from a Mitsubishi dealer. But now the Outlander PHEV's been on the road for over four years, there are going to be more and more second hand owners who have no automatic support from Mitsubishi dealers as they weren't bought from them, and the warranty will have expired due to years or mileage. In the UK there are probably 10-20 Outlander PHEVs a week appearing and disappearing in Autotrader indicating sales by general second hand car dealers who often know next to nothing about what they're selling.

I will be in this situation when I get mine next month, but I think there's enough knowledge on this forum (and other resources online) to enable me to own one without worry. And I'll find a Mitusbishi dealer not too far away for services as my local independent garage is highly unlikely to have the knowledge or equipment to deal with the EV stuff. Though I guess that too will change in the next decade as more cars become hybrid or full electric.

I considered myself an expert on remote app , as previously I connected 2 phones. But when I bought the Samsung S9 plus . No joy. Tried all tricks in the book but no it will not connect. Dealer failed as well. He could connect his phone but not mine, so said phone fault. So my old phone it for the car only.

Bingo !!! It looks like my phone had been updated beyond the car capabilities so I tried an old phone and it's working fine . now just to get up at 07.10 to check it's working in the car and whether twenty minutes is long enough ( it's the coldest night of the year so far) I realize that the heating will use quite a bit of power ! But if I leave it plugged in will it get topped up again ?

Jojoxx said:
if I leave it plugged in will it get topped up again ?
Yes. A 'plug in' 13A connection* doesn't provide sufficient power to compensate completely for running the heater, but it definitely helps to leave you with a higher state of charge.

* I'm not sure about a dedicated 16A connection (but I suspect that doesn't either)

Thanks ChrisMiller I was hoping for that reply . This forum is great but I don't think I have the hang of searching for things ( or the brains) as the forum is massive ! Maybe one of the great minds behind the forum could create sub sections for 'dummies' :p once again thanks all and have a happy Xmas and a great new year

Pre heat draws from main battery and draws little but problem is the last 20% takes long time balance the charge . Remember preheat will also increase battery efficeincy. So dont bother. For me demisting screen is more important .

All good this morning nice and warm so it will be getting used 'proper' tomorrow . although it did set the alarm off twice it was stopped by unlocking/ locking the door . I had a read of the forum and it seems as though it's a quite common occurrence so I will be turning the alarm off using the stalk lift for three seconds . Thanks Kesto I will stop the charging straight after preheat tomorrow ( I will be dropping the wife off at work anyway) saying that ! Fingers crossed I don't seem to have a problem with mist even before I used the preheat that included a 500 mile journey with 4 people on a damp day

Just a quick warning. Sometimes the car won't charge when pre-heating, even if it's plugged in. I've seen this on my 2015 version and have had reports from other users. Not quite sure why (is the charger "asleep"?), but I get round it by setting a charge to start 10 minutes after the pre-heat has started, and then leave it charging for 10-20 minutes after pre-heating. The charge timer ends at midnight, so the car will be fully charged again before the next pre-heat

Hi I'm new to this stuff and have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. No matter what I try the Samsung will not play ball.
I tried my iPhone X and managed to get the app to work eventually. But I find that if my iPhone is connected to my home WiFi, I have to disconnect first and then connect to the car via the iPhone Wifi before opening the Mitsubishi app, just wondering is this normal?

Same for Android, though occasionally my phone will automatically connect to the car WiFi if it's the stronger signal.

As mentioned elsewhere, you should set the iPhone not to connect automatically to the PHEV WiFi. That way it will still use the 3G/4G signal when in the car. You will then have to connect manually when required.

I had to use an old Android phone and leave it connected around ten feet from the Wi-Fi on the car then I can use the app to see the condition of the car (saves me going outside to check I have plugged it in ) also if there is any change to our leaving time I can adjust accordingly

Back