Warning lights question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmodc

Hi all, Purchased a 2018 Outlander PHEV at the end of November. Has been great for the last 5 weeks on daily short trips as well as four long drives. Yesterday, out of the blue, a ton of warning lights went off -- the RBS system, EV system, and service engine soon lights all at the same time. We had the car towed to the dealership. They've been MIA since we transferred it there yesterday. I finally got someone on the phone a few minutes ago (24 hours later) who said they have a call into Mitsubishi technical because they don't know what's wrong with the car. Any words of wisdom? I'm a bit worried we have a lemon on our hands...

lmodc said:
Any words of wisdom? I'm a bit worried we have a lemon on our hands...

Ok I will try. Don't panic. (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).

There are only 2 things to worry about, whether you are sick or healthy. If you healthy there is nothing to worry about. If you are sick there are only 2 things to worry about. Whether you get better or die. If you get better there is nothing to worry about. If you die there are only 2 things to worry about.............Sorry. :oops: This is something I was told when I was a lot younger that I try to remember when things goes pear shaped.

But seriously lmodc, I would not be getting worried at this stage. It could be something as simple as a bad earth . But that is why we have warranty. Sure it can be an inconvenience but as they say worse things happen at sea.

By the way did you try just turning off the PHEV and just restarting (rebooting) it? You were not using a OBD-II scanner were you (only time I ever had a heap of warning lights)?

I had similar occur a month or 2 after buying mine in April of this year. Shutting everything off and restarting 30 sec. later got me going again at full power, with some warnings still showing. Drove to the dealer the next AM, and they had the software glitch updated in 30 min. No further problems in the following 30,000 km.

It's a known problem in units built in late '17 - early '18. Your dealer should have a bulletin on this.

Back