USB Port for media unit - what orientation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieDanUK

Hi All,

Just ordering some bits ready for when I get my 4HS in a couple of weeks.

Can you let me know the orientation of the USB port where you can plug the phone in for carplay/android?

I believe the actual usb port is vertical in the switch blank, but what side is the the gap within the port?

Hope that makes sense. I am going to buy a short cable with a right angle on it, and want to get the orientation to direct the cable downwards in to a phone holder that will sit in the cupholder.

Thanks.

As far as I know all right-angled USB leads conform to a standard - I used a short one in my 2019 4HS and the right angle points down, so the cable is tucked into the recess where the cup holder cover is, and comes out the left side of the cup holder to where my phone sits. Neat.

Do you need to have the phone "up front"?
It may be tidier to use the rear USB socket and place the phone under the arm rest between the front seats.

Thanks guys. My plan is to lose as much cable as I can

twosout said:
Do you need to have the phone "up front"?
It may be tidier to use the rear USB socket and place the phone under the arm rest between the front seats.

On my Ioniq, I have several usb ports, however they are all charging ones apart from one which is used for the apple car play / android auto link.

I know the front one near the cupholders is connected to the headunit, but are the ones in the armrest too?

RichieDanUK said:
I know the front one near the cupholders is connected to the headunit, but are the ones in the armrest too?
Yes, I keep my music on a USB stick plugged in there.

MY19 models don't have USB sockets in the armrest box but there is one behind it (for back seats). That can be used for data (CarPlay). I have routed an extension from that into the armrest box. If I forget to remove the phone, at least it remains out of sight and the cabling, too.

Back