Pre heat

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojoxx

We are going away today so didn't need the car until dinnertime and consecutively i totally forgot about the pre heat until it was finished . so decided to monitor the app to see how long it took to charge back to 100% . I was quite surprised to find it took an hour until it stopped accepting charge . It must be pulling quite a bit of power so that got me thinking on preheat is the interior all that gets warmed (-5 outside)

The last hour of recharging takes place at relatively low power to avoid damaging the battery. If you monitor* a normal recharge (from a 13A socket), it takes about 4 hours to get up to 15 bars and then an hour for the final bar.

* using the phone app, I'm sure others on this forum will have much more accurate measurements available :)

I was going to ask if it was a 10A granny charger or 16A EVSE. But then I realised that it wouldn't matter as the current drawn at high SOC is much less than either.

When I pre-heat, I usually set the charger to come on at the same time. 10 minutes after the heating has finished, the battery is often showing below full on the dash, but it always shows full after 20 minutes. I guess it may still be charging, but the amount left must be tiny

Back