BMU update C1811R - Major improvment

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erikg

Last Friday I had my 2018 CDN PHEV in for service / recalls. That included the BMU recall / update.

It's only been a few days but I'm already seeing a major improvement in battery life (mileage).

I went from about 30KM on a full charge to 35km (15% improvement). (this is light use - no AC etc).

If you are waiting to get this update, I can't recommend getting in soon enough!

Erikg said:
Last Friday I had my 2018 CDN PHEV in for service / recalls. That included the BMU recall / update.

It's only been a few days but I'm already seeing a major improvement in battery life (mileage).

I went from about 30KM on a full charge to 35km (15% improvement). (this is light use - no AC etc).

If you are waiting to get this update, I can't recommend getting in soon enough!

Any news on what was updated?

Is the increase in range still present?

Erikg said:

Did SOH changed in your car ?

If not ... EV range is just a 15% difference in guessing the kwh/100km .. so it is enough to have the previous trip down slowly and you get 15% extra range

Also unplug the 12v battery for few seconds, does reset the consumption in the previous trip, and it normally boost up the EV range on next charge of the car

If they made improvement in the BMU firmware, this will be seen in slowed battery degradation .. so it will need months for notice any difference.

I note this was issued in North America and it does not automatically mean it applies in any of their other trading areas e.g. UK & Europe.

Does anybody know if it does apply to any other zone?

Hi folks - I was just wondering if there's any way I can tell what version of software I have in my BMU?

Many thanks

Cheers

Bloggsy

Back