Both guessometers gone bonkers.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

Driving conditions: Heavy snowfall, -7º C, hilly roads. 4WD lock on, ECO, Charge. 3 bars of electricity, two of petrol.
Suddenly both guessometers display --.-- . Restarting the car doesn't change it. Filling up the tank restored it to normal. Can anybody explain this?

I assume that you're describing a situation where you're next to empty (battery & fuel)?
I also assume that the algorithms to calculate remaining distance determine some level of confidence and display the '---' when very uncertain, rather than mislead.

Maybe it was trying to display a number too large for your display?

Had you been driving a long way, down hill, in serial mode?

After returning home from a drive in the hills, my guessometer displayed a 90km range in battery mode.

Maybe yours wanted to say 101?

No, I had been driving a variety of roads, some more or less cleared, some with 15 cm of snow. And it doesn't explain the petrol guessometer. When I filled up (about 30 litres) the petrol one jumped to something over 400 and the electrical one to 13 km...

I've seen this a few times where petrol has fallen to the refuel zone and suddenly I have no combined range left despite showing battery charge available. First time 4 years ago driving across northern France. Just put it down as one the endearing quirks of the car. :D

greendwarf said:
I've seen this a few times where petrol has fallen to the refuel zone and suddenly I have no combined range left despite showing battery charge available. First time 4 years ago driving across northern France. Just put it down as one the endearing quirks of the car. :D
Whenever combined range falls below 50 it will show --. I am pretty sure a veteran like Jaapv is fully aware of this ;) . Also, he already said he was nowhere near empty.

Back