Happy 6th birthday Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV .

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

As the PHEV has now been on sale for 6 years (late Jan 2013) when it was first sold to the Japanese market I wish to say.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. :D

And I hope you have many more.

I think you are giving your best and I would not worry too much about us whingers. ;) You will never make us all happy no matter how good you are.:lol:

But from what I can see you were the first (mass produced) and have been the best selling 4x4 or SUV plug in hybrid on the market with over 100,000 of you sold over those 6 years.

So I will sing:

For its a jolly good PHEV, For its..............................................

Now I stated above:

Trex said:
..................with over 100,000 of you sold over those 6 years.

Well just looking a little closer at that figure I see this for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV:

Top 10 European Markets
The United Kingdom 34,108
The Netherlands 25,399
Norway 13,429
Sweden 9,957
Germany 6,743
France 2,580
Spain 1,941
Switzerland 1,321
Portugal 795
Belgium 725
Grand Total in Europe: 100,097 units (Oct. 2013 to Dec. 2017)
So those figures are at least a year out of date and does not show Japan,Nth America,Asia and Australia and New Zealand sales.

But did see this:
"INSIDEEVs OCT 10 2018
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV leads the plug-in market.
September again proves how important the plug-in hybrid Outlander is to Mitsubishi in the UK, as 41% of the brand’s sales that month were of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
In total, some 1,325 Outlander PHEVs were sold (up 9% year-over-year), which was 28% of all of the 4,671 plug-in hybrids sold in the UK last month.
During the first nine months of this year, Mitsubishi sold 5,731 Oulander PHEV in the UK. That’s 17% of all plug-in hybrids YTD."

And these are more out of date but does show Japan buying a few:
"Cumulative sales through FY15/16
Japan 33,730 "

Found Canada:
Dec. 3, 2018
OUTLANDER PHEV SETS CANADIAN RECORD WITH 5,000+ SOLD
For the first time ever in Canada, a plug-in hybrid has reached 5,000 sales in the calendar year. Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada Ltd. (MMSCAN) announced today, 5,052 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV have been delivered year-to-date firmly establishing it as Canada’s best-selling plug-in hybrid and Canada’s best-selling plug-in hybrid SUV.

To be continued.

Ok saw this and not sure if true yet:

"The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Drive Zero Car Guide August 6th 2018

............Mitsubishi has been selling their Outlander PHEV model now for a few years with great success.

It’s currently the highest selling PHEV in the world with over 150,000 sales as of the middle of 2018. It’s also one of the very few EV or PHEV’s (Plug-in Electric Vehicle) that is
actually for sale here in Australia too."

To be continued.

I had heard that sales in Australia were quite low, but they had completely replaced the sales of other electric vehicles.

Funny about perception - even "the worst car in history", The Edsel sold over 100,000 units in 3 years, and are now highly collectable. :lol:

Back